Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Upto Date Java Book

Options
  • 06-08-2009 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi Lads i have a repeat practical and exem in java can anyone tell me a good book to buy that will help me with everything from arrays upto most stuff people learn in first year please guys im okay with most of it i just need help studying on my own :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

this may be a bit ott for what you are looking for but im using it to study for the SCJP exam and I think its really good.
    Its as up to date as you'l get as its for the java 6 exam.
    SCJP Sun Certified Programmer for Java 6 Exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

You might try the Deitel Deitel Java: How to Program, I remember being impressed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Bruce Eckel's Thinking in Java is one of the best. It's (and a few others) available for free from his site http://mindviewinc.com/Books/DownloadSites/. This should help you with understanding the language itself.
    For the help with exams, go to http://www.janeg.ca/.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I have the book for the SCJP exam, goes into way too much detail if you're just looking to pass a 1st year university module.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Head first Java is a very good beginners book. The current edition focuses on java 5, but there is little or no no difference bettween java 5 and java 6 when it comes to the basic core features of the language that would be covered in a University module.

• Advertisement
Advertisement