Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying accomodation and registration fee

• 06-08-2009 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi

When are you supposed to pay for accomodation? Before you move in? I haven't received any information about this. Btw, when do you move in? Same day as school starts (the 14th)?

And what about the registration fee, do you pay it when you register? I'm going to get a study loan, but I may not have the money at the time (won't get them before lectures begin, and likely not before October).

Sorry if this has been asked before, I looked around in the forum but couldn't find it.

/John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Wendero wrote: »
    Hi

When are you supposed to pay for accomodation? Before you move in? I haven't received any information about this. Btw, when do you move in? Same day as school starts (the 14th)?

And what about the registration fee, do you pay it when you register? I'm going to get a study loan, but I may not have the money at the time (won't get them before lectures begin, and likely not before October).

Sorry if this has been asked before, I looked around in the forum but couldn't find it.

/John

Reg fee is payable before registration - you bring proof of payment with you. If you're not going to have it in time, give them (fees and grants) a call - they should be able to work something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Okay, good to know.

But when do you pay it? Will you get like a bill or something? What about accomodation, is it the same there?

I will, at the time when I register, be able to prove that I will receive a study loan, thought I won't have the money at the time. maybe that will be enough. Otherwise, I'll have to ask my parents for help (I'll be able to pay it anyway, but then I or my parents would have to sell shares or take a normal bank loan - it's better if we don't have to do that).

/John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

163 posts of non stop questions. Chill out dude. Any questions should and can be answered by the university, call them.

Wendero wrote: »
    Okay, good to know.

But when do you pay it? Will you get like a bill or something? What about accomodation, is it the same there?

I will, at the time when I register, be able to prove that I will receive a study loan, thought I won't have the money at the time. maybe that will be enough. Otherwise, I'll have to ask my parents for help (I'll be able to pay it anyway, but then I or my parents would have to sell shares or take a normal bank loan - it's better if we don't have to do that).

/John

Call the department

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Sorry if I'm asking too much:( I just find it hard to talk with the university sometimes, they give very general answers and always seem stressed. Now in this case, it shouldn't be so hard for them to answer. I just remembered the woman who answered said something about paying when you register - which is a bit strange, since I can imagine most people wouldn't like to bring 1500 euros in cash when they register in september. So logically, you should have to pay it before, and they should send you some bill or something - question is only when. This matters, because if you have to pay within let's say two weeks, I believe I should go to the bank today. If the reg fee is to be paid in advance (before registration) but not the rent, then I may be able to make it anyway.

Strange that I haven't been able to find anything about this on the website. Or maybe I'm just not good at searching.

• Advertisement

The bill for fees will arrive after the CAO rounds are complete. I think its usually late August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Isn't registration online these days? That's when you pay I'd imagine

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Isn't registration online these days? That's when you pay I'd imagine

Jaysus its all modern now... :)

What about the registration lines? One of the great institutions of the university? The conversations, meetings, sessions and degree-long friendships? All gone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Seriously dude, I had a quick look on the Fees and Grants office website and all the info is there. For any other specific questions I'd highly recommend emailing them in detail as to what exactly it is you want to know.

From my experience everything you need to know gets posted out to you before the academic year.
    efla wrote: »
    What about the registration lines? One of the great institutions of the university? The conversations, meetings, sessions and degree-long friendships? All gone??

Yeh, I remember my first registration line, it was great way of meeting people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

First years and Postgrads have to register in the college they can't do it online so the lines in the office are still there! And the ugly ugly pictures they take for your Id (or maybe that's just me!!!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭BarryDoodles

Was in the reg building today getting a new student card. According to the withered blonde behind the counter it has infact 'all gone modern'. All undergrads including first years have to register online.... I remember when I registered, I left till late in the day. When I walked in there was less than a dozen people waiting and a majority of them went to my school, the institute. I was nice to see the six of us all in a line and not in UCD :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

hey, just got the payment emails yday, with links to pay online, anyway around this? don't really want to give out laser or credit card details online, plus broadband is crappy where i live so the connection could cut while it's going through

please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

jpcarlow wrote: »
    hey, just got the payment emails yday, with links to pay online, anyway around this? don't really want to give out laser or credit card details online, plus broadband is crappy where i live so the connection could cut while it's going through

please and thanks

Can't you pay through bank with bank giro? Sorry if that's a stupid answer I just got that impression when i scanned the form thing.. if that is the form you're referring to.. :o I'll shut up now.

Looking forward to the registration line the afternoon after my debs (There's no smiley that looks like it's dying) Excuse me if I'm not that friendly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Can't you pay through bank with bank giro? Sorry if that's a stupid answer I just got that impression when i scanned the form thing.. if that is the form you're referring to.. :o I'll shut up now.

Looking forward to the registration line the afternoon after my debs (There's no smiley that looks like it's dying) Excuse me if I'm not that friendly :)
    the bank giro that came in the post? i thought that was just for the 77 you have to pay to register, i'm concerned more bout the payment for campus up to january and the utilities deposit...was given links in an email to pay online

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

jpcarlow wrote: »
    the bank giro that came in the post? i thought that was just for the 77 you have to pay to register, i'm concerned more bout the payment for campus up to january and the utilities deposit...was given links in an email to pay online

I should probably have a another look at that sheet..

Advertisement