Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bear Grylls in Donegal

Options
  • 06-08-2009 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this was aired over here, but here it is on Youtube; the link is to part 1 of 5, you can follow the links for the whole show.

Bear Grylls in Ireland

Its starts off with him being dropped in the sea 1km of shore, north of Slieve League somewhere, he then follows the coast before heading in land and i think he ends up at Glenveagh, but not sure.

Have to say i though it was very good, of course overly dramatic and staged for realism, but that's entertainment. I laughed when he kept saying 'your never far from civilization", probably because they had to shout "CUT" every few minutes when a local or tourist walked by:D But worth the watch all the same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Senna wrote: »
    Not sure if this was aired over here, but here it is on Youtube; the link is to part 1 of 5, you can follow the links for the whole show.

Bear Grylls in Ireland

Its starts off with him being dropped in the sea 1km of shore, north of Slieve League somewhere, he then follows the coast before heading in land and i think he ends up at Glenveagh, but not sure.

Have to say i though it was very good, of course overly dramatic and staged for realism, but that's entertainment. I laughed when he kept saying 'your never far from civilization", probably because they had to shout "CUT" every few minutes when a local or tourist walked by:D But worth the watch all the same.

That was actually filmed in Galway I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

It was on a few weeks ago on Ch4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Yea,he ends up in Glenveagh,swims across the lake.He actually has links to Donegal aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

The intro is so funny where he says that he goes to places you wouldn't want to be and places its hard to survive-the west of ireland.

In fairness he puts himself in difficult situations that a normal person could survive by waiting for some one to come along!

Your never that far away!!

I was waiting for him to climb up the cliffs and to come across a man sitting in a deck chair having a ham sandwiche and and flask of tae!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I had this image of some farmer sitting at home watching the part where he came across the dead sheep on the bog and saying "Thats my Fcuking Sheep!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

He actually has links to Donegal as well.

Any relation to the Navenny Grills?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

LoanShark wrote: »
    I had this image of some farmer sitting at home watching the part where he came across the dead sheep on the bog and saying "Thats me Fcuking Sheep!"
    FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

This Bear is a bit of a bluffer.:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSlpvb1is

Bluffer for the sake of not putting himself into real danger for our enjoyment.

Some of his old stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQhFFhF6eUA

He has done enough in my book to have my respect,climbed everest,broke his back yet still pushes himself,plus countless hours of work for charity,and an ex special force solider!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

i allways had my suspicion about him

they dropped him of on top of some glacier in south america one time so he dug a snow cave for himself but the crew were air lifted away until the morning
    now i mean to say if you were on top of a glacier and you had this crude hole in the ground in -40c or the oportunity of getting on a helicopter with the crew and head for a nice 5* hotel with tv/shower/nice food/drinks and the possibility of meeting some fine (and willing) young woman. what option would you take

yeah i'd stay in the freezing hole in the ground with no food just incase one of my fans arrived along at 3 in the morning just to make sure that i wasn't taking the pisss

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

Classic! I nearly split me sides:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

So he started at the coast and finished in Glenveagh? Did he not cross over a little track called the N56 on the way? :)

Stark wrote: »
    So he started at the coast and finished in Glenveagh? Did he not cross over a little track called the N56 on the way? :)
    Probably found a tunnel :D

They should have dropped him in Voodoo Gweedore,if he got out of there alive that would be amazing:p

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

Aye I heard there was some wild dogs about it alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭meenmore

Obligatory 'Favourite'.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

muffler wrote: »
    Probably found dug a tunnel :D

Fixed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

he doesn't half do a bit of zizgzagging about, from Muckross to Port Hill in one camera shot, for the steep grassy slope that he climbs is Port Hill. Wonderful bit of cliff jumping, but.

A pity that he didn't do a continuous piece from Port to Maghera, the north side of the Slieve Tooey/Slieve League peninsula, then he really would have been out of touch with civilization and the cliffs are pretty difficult.

Two parts watched so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

i know there is a thread somewhere but too drunk too look,
    10pm discovery channel he tackles the wilds of donegal (and i dont mean outside the pulse on a saturday night)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

The search function is a wonderful thing. Try it sometime. :rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055642228&highlight=Bear+Grylls

i know there is a thread somewhere but too drunk too look,
    10pm discovery channel he tackles the wilds of donegal (and i dont mean outside the pulse on a saturday night)
    Im sober so I found it and moved your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

muffler wrote: »
    Im sober so I found it and moved your post.

It wasn't difficult. I replied to the post just before you deleted it with the link. Good work Muffler.

Easy when you're sober I suppose but we'll give theblueirish a bit of sympathy :D

thanks muffler, it took me about 30 mins just to type that post.
    didn't even stay awake to see the show will have to catch one of the 68 repeats this week.

Hows the auld head today?

it wasn't too bad, the joys of drinking on a sunday and getting put to bed before ten, head will probably be worse when the wife starts nagging

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Just watched it...it's so cringeworthy haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

best part of that episode was when he fell into that hole, if i was his camera crew i would of left him there

Advertisement