Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have law degree assessed in Australia?

Options
  • 06-08-2009 6:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm in Brisbane at the moment and planning to have my law degree assessed with a view to qualifying as a solicitor here. I'm interested to hear from anyone who has gone down this road so I might get a better idea of what to expect.

I've heard that the amount of subjects you are required to complete may vary depending on which institution you get to do the assessment.

Any info would be appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

In New South Wales an Irish born Prime Minister Gavan=Duffy had arranged that an Irish called barrister could also be called to the bar there without further examination. Heard of someone availing of that about 30 years ago. Migth be worth checking out. Apparently once a barrister in NSW could be called in UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dockfive

Hello OP,

Did you get your law degree assessed and how did it go for you? Cheers.

Advertisement