Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

day in the life of

Options
  • 06-08-2009 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Hi , never posted here before but i have idea and the time to do something i have wanted to do for last while.
    Here is idea

want to follow both my parents(one day each) and film them as they go about one day in a typical week.

no i have a basic hdd camcorder and a couple of tripods but just need a few pointers, i will be there with them for full day just shadowing them nothing rehersed or staged..

so tell me whats biggest thing i should remember or do

thanks a million

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

so tell me whats biggest thing i should remember or do

The obvious one that springs to mind is to make sure your batteries and spares (if you have them) are fully charged.

Clean your lens.

Don't forget to press record.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

yea batteries are a problem, but have car charger for when we are driving around and stuff

trying to get it as natural as posible but will be hard with camera pointing all day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

yea batteries are a problem, but have car charger for when we are driving around and stuff

trying to get it as natural as posible but will be hard with camera pointing all day

Get yourself a small bean bag, put it on the dash and push the camera into it so it's secure.

That way the camera will hold a steady shot on mum/dad for as long as they are driving and you won't have to hold the camera and risk getting shaky hand held shots.

Just make sure they are in frame without the camera & bean bag causing an obstruction on the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

thanks great idea...
    doing 12 hours on " dad " tomorrow

Advertisement