Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal Bus Burying??

• 06-08-2009 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,
    I need help with this one.
    I live near to a bus station which runs buses in my local area. It is nothing special, they own about 20 buses and have been running for quite some time.
    However, they are expanding their business by building a big new structure in the lot right beside where they run the business from.
    5 years ago, they crushed up their old buses and buried them under hte ground. It is truly pathetic to do that - it is extremely dangerous not to mention cruel!

No body near to us has acted out or done anything because the family who owns the bus station has 'connections' in the County Council - family members, brother-in-laws and so on.

Please help, this can't go on - if they build their new structure, there will be a digger and 5 buses buried underground forever. I feel very strongly about things like this.

What should we do?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 farrier

You mention that burying scrapped and crushed buses is 'cruel' - cruel to who or what?

if they build their new structure, there will be a digger and 5 buses buried underground forever - so what?

If you throw a rusty old knife in the bin today it's going to end up in a landfill buried forever, just like those vehicles so where's the problem?

As long as they drain the oil from the vehicles then I don't see that there's any problem. On some offshore islands the young lads bring bangers over from the mainland, drive the crap out of them and then just abandon them in the sand dunes. At least the family you're talking about appear to have disposed of their old vehicles (1) on their own property and (2) at no expense to the taxpayer - good citizens if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

i agree. its not exactly toxic waste. ive seen alot of other stuff used as "fill" on sites that would be worse. those buses wont bother anyone underground so long as they have been drained of oil and that. sure its only scrap metal now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

wont somebody please think of the busses!!!

It least they weren't cremated, may they rust in peace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

illegal dumping perhaps yes.

cruel?? FFS :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

It is illegal to bury buses under the ground you have to contact the local council they have to investigate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭patrickthomas

TEA! wrote: »
    Hi,
    I need help with this one.
    I live near to a bus station which runs buses in my local area. It is nothing special, they own about 20 buses and have been running for quite some time.
    However, they are expanding their business by building a big new structure in the lot right beside where they run the business from.
    5 years ago, they crushed up their old buses and buried them under hte ground. It is truly pathetic to do that - it is extremely dangerous not to mention cruel!

No body near to us has acted out or done anything because the family who owns the bus station has 'connections' in the County Council - family members, brother-in-laws and so on.

Please help, this can't go on - if they build their new structure, there will be a digger and 5 buses buried underground forever. I feel very strongly about things like this.

What should we do?:confused:

It's ok, the buses were well and truly dead, and are now in bus heaven with little wings flapping around in clouds of glorious smog, listening to angels playing sounds of horns honking and rubber screeching.

And don't worry, on the final day the buses will arise and drive again.

No buses, cars or mopeds were harmed in the making of this post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Complaint to litter and planning control sections in council.

If they don't act, procedd to the EPA. www.epa.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

..followed up by tipping off the ISPCB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Typical, you wait all day for one bus underground........then three are buried at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

On the other hand, the families of the drivers may have a case.....

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Stark

That's what the magic school bus gets for doing drugs.

Advertisement