Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reason drum fills recommendations

Options
  • 06-08-2009 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

hi there, got reason 4 sorted out last night, as above can any recommend a good refill cd or a good site to get decent drum samples off, factory ones are a bit cr@p.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Hows it going Man?

What sort of Music are you planning on making?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 TheBigGuy

ICN wrote: »
    Hows it going Man?

What sort of Music are you planning on making?

pretty good thanks, just got reason up and running last night, so i spent a few hours tricking around with thor and maelstrom and the combinator.

tbh i am not sure ussually i just start with a kick drum and take it from there, i would like to try my hand at more down tempo stuff, a bit of chill out. As well as some straight up techno/proper banging electronica stuff ala James Holden(anything of his mix album at the controls), nathan fake (outhouse, would be a favourite of mine), alex smoke (I dont see the point)

and then just my own sh1t, my own interpretation of minimal

i saw the smaples posted by neurojazz so i will d/l them when i get home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

I really should post the rest of the reason stuff ;)

Neurojazz wrote: »
    I really should post the rest of the reason stuff ;)
    that would be much appreciated, what type of stuff do you have?

TheBigGuy wrote: »
    tbh i am not sure ussually i just start with a kick drum and take it from there, i would like to try my hand at more down tempo stuff, a bit of chill out. As well as some straight up techno/proper banging electronica stuff ala James Holden(anything of his mix album at the controls), nathan fake (outhouse, would be a favourite of mine), alex smoke (I dont see the point)

Well -

I would recomend the Goldbaby The Tape 808 & The Tape 909 Sample packs. Really really good. You'll get all the main stock hits / Electro Vibe that Alex Smoke uses.

http://www.goldbaby.co.nz/products.html

James Holden - The Riemann Kollektion are brilliant bang for your buck.. I'd buy them over Sample Magic any day of the week.

http://www.soundstosample.com/producer/Riemann_Kollektion/21

That Sounds to Sample w/site has lots of different Sample Packs sorted by genre. Check them out.

Sample Magic are great - but a bit pricey.

http://www.samplemagic.com/

Loopmasters are doing pretty much what Sample Magic are doing.. 1/2 price-ish / similar quality.. but they have "Big Name" Sample collections too. The Name ones are a little hit & miss IMO - Demos sounded a bit Naff. Their Deep Tech & Minimal / Underground Minimal Techno sound pretty cool.

http://www.loopmasters.com/

• Advertisement

nice one i will check them out

that would be much appreciated, what type of stuff do you have?

Briefly - leads, pads and basses sampled from analog & pcm gear. Each note sampled and looped to perfection (so nothing sounds unnatural) - a total labour of love :)

The leads and basses are also sampled in the same way - all the waves cut so they loop seamlessly - anyone who knows about PCM waves will know how much of an arse cutting 1000's of samples so they loop is ;);)

Briefly - leads, pads and basses sampled from analog & pcm gear. Each note sampled and looped to perfection (so nothing sounds unnatural) - a total labour of love :)

The leads and basses are also sampled in the same way - all the waves cut so they loop seamlessly - anyone who knows about PCM waves will know how much of an arse cutting 1000's of samples so they loop is ;);)
    that sounds pretty f*cking sweet,

i have a question

i have a nice flat screen monitor at home, is it possible to connect it to my laptop so that i can run reason with the sequencer on one screen and the rack on the other & alternatively run reason on one screen and say cubase on the other?

that sounds pretty f*cking sweet,

i have a question

i have a nice flat screen monitor at home, is it possible to connect it to my laptop so that i can run reason with the sequencer on one screen and the rack on the other & alternatively run reason on one screen and say cubase on the other?

Yup - It is.

You need to have an external out from your graphics card to do it.

as in a VGA port?

• Advertisement

Some lappies have vga or dvi spare on the back - dead easy to run another monitor :)

Some lappies have vga or dvi spare on the back - dead easy to run another monitor :)
    nice one for for this lads, I have spent the whole afternoon reading reason tutorials, i cant wait to get home now and get cracking roll on 5pmbiggrin.gif

The NNTX are now uploaded - enjoy! - will do a main thread for these also.

Advertisement