Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jitterbeans on Princess Street. What happened?

Options
  • 06-08-2009 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

I'm walking through Princess Street daily, and for a week or so i've noticed that they've closed down "until further notice". Their banner is still up in the middle of the street, but everything in the windows are taken down, and have been replaced by these notes, stating that they closed down until further notice.

Anyone know of any reasons? A friend of mine thinks it might be because of a fairly slow business, but they've only been open for a few months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Never heard of it and I am down around that area all the time...Perhaps it's bad location had a lot to do with it's closure.

Going by the name I take it they sold coffee?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

kingtut wrote: »

Going by the name I take it they sold coffee?

Coffee, sandwiches, food. a lot of stuff really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hmm...well there are so many places like that nowadays so maybe they didn't get enough customers. So many coffee places / cafes opening these days, really don't see the point as there are far too many of them already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I didn't know it was closed but I had wondered why they stopped sending the Friday special offer text messages. Their food was lovely.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I live quite close to it and only noticed it yesterday!
    And it's closed already...
    IN fairness there are a LOAD of those type of places very close to there, gonna be tough getting enough businesss to keep open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭flycruise

I heard a girl in Nash 19 the other morning saying that there was subsidence (sp) on that side of the street .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

I just wonder if it's owned by the same people who own Jitterbeans in Dungarvan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

flycruise wrote: »
    I heard a girl in Nash 19 the other morning saying that there was subsidence (sp) on that side of the street .....

That Luca shoe shop on Princes Street is closed for work on subsidence.

Advertisement