Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet and Nutrition - whats yours?

Options
  • 06-08-2009 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

What do you all do about your diets? Whats the best diet plan to follow for MMA? Ive read the high protein, low carbs. Then others says good carbs, high protein. Im confused with all this and cant seem to still get my diet right as so many people do different things. So what do you guys do?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭roo1981

Im sticking to the keto diet at the minute, seems to be producing results. Lot of info on it here if your interested-

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Mind you the first 3 or 4 days was hell on earth from the carb withdrawal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I am mostly on the packet of biscuits per day diet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

roo1981 wrote: »
    Im sticking to the keto diet at the minute, seems to be producing results. Lot of info on it here if your interested-

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Mind you the first 3 or 4 days was hell on earth from the carb withdrawel...

thanks for that. Thats an interesting outlook on the low carb and high protein debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dunkamania wrote: »
    I am mostly on the packet of biscuits per day diet
    I like your thinking
    *digs out tin of chocolate kimberley*

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

yeh the keto diet sounds alot like what im doing at the minute.

This is what im doing at the minute

I've been doing MMA just for 2 months now, and I have also added doing BJJ. I dont think im eating enough carbs but im afraid of putting on weight. I dont want to put on weight. Im 5ft 8 and 60.7kg at the minute and a woman if that helps get an idea. At the minute im doing the following:

Tues - BJJ 1hr 30mins
    Wed - MMA 2hrs
    Thurs - MMA 1hr 30mins
    Sat - 1hr 15min gym
    Sun - 1hr 15min gym

Sometimes I only do either the sat or the sunday at the gym.

Anyways heres roughly my eating habits at the minute. I am eating carbs after I workout though. this would be like brown rice, quinoa, brown pasta etc.

8.30am - Bacon or sausages or eggs

10.30 - Apple, banana (or whatever fruit I have with me), small handful of sunflower seeds.

12.30 - I have either of these: * Spinach, chicken pieces, ham, corned beef slices, cheese (alternativly 2 eggs instead of the meats) or instead I have Homemade Tomato soup (fresh tomatoes, onions, peppers, organic chicken stock, herbs)

3.30 - Protein whey shake, piece of fruit

7.00 - Home made curry (from scratch) no rice (unless im eating after a workout, even then sometimes I dont take any)

or * Burger, bacon, somekind of meats
    or spagetti bolegnese (again made from scratch, no jar stuff!)

10.30 - Fruit or leftover meat

thats it really, I drink a good bit of green tea and water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

oh and its got to be chocolate hobnobs, they rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

OP,

You'll get better responses on the Fitness forum. Most of the wingnuts that post here have a diet of doritos while watching UFC.

You definitely needs lots of protein in your diet but carbs are also essential for athletes when it comes to recovery. You also shouldnt worry about putting on weight, with your training you should really only be worried about eating enough.

Advertisement