Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John 3:7 goes AWOL.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's AWOL

Absent WithOut Leave

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

FALI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Austin 3:16 is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

he meant A Willy And Langer i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

And you remember .... Matthew... 21:17.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I prefer Des 11:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.

I don't get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

"And he left them, and went out of the city into Bethany; and he lodged there"

In response to The-Rigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

It's no top hat though is it. Typical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Mushy wrote: »

Obscure Simpsons references ftw \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

It was John 3:17 that was always behind the goalposts.

...which is odd because generally John 3:16 is the one that always seems to be posted everywhere.

Kerry came into Croker with Ezekiel 25:17 on their mind.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

The Gooch opened the doors for the Kingdom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

theres always one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It was John 3:17 that was always behind the goalposts.

...which is odd because generally John 3:16 is the one that always seems to be posted everywhere.

Kerry came into Croker with Ezekiel 25:17 on their mind.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

The Gooch opened the doors for the Kingdom.
    Ya know that quote for the most part is made up?

Yep. Move over Jakkass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

And all along I thought someone had a bet where they were hoping some John lad on the field would score 3:7 for his team... learn something new every day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Appears to have been a well orchestrated train heist by a gang of evil villains known as 'The Lilly Whites'

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/John-37-banner-allegedly-stolen.5525698.jp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Yep. Move over Jakkass.
    More likely a fan of pulp fiction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Appears to have been a well orchestrated train heist by a gang of evil villains known as 'The Lilly Whites'

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/John-37-banner-allegedly-stolen.5525698.jp

This is obviously the work of the Devil. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

Don't worry folks, he'll be back on Sunday - looking for Easter Eggs no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭kenmc

Stupid bloody banner, glad it's gone. There's enough advertising on tv as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I would say that the entire book is made up, so who cares about Hollywood taking liberties with it ?

Coolest ****ing line in any movie ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I don't get it
    John 3:5 wrote:
    Jesus answered, ‘Very truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit

RTDH: I'm fairly sure that the sign will be back before long, or at least a replacement will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Jakkass wrote: »
    RTDH: I'm fairly sure that the sign will be back before long, or at least a replacement will be.

The sign will be born again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

This sign is tearing After hours apart :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

So some dude mislays a bit of plastic and the whole country has to know about it? :confused:

“I would appreciate it back. I just want the sign back if they are finished with it because I don’t think they will be able to display it with the police looking for it,” added Mr Hogan.
    The guy is being quite fair about it. His bottom line is basically. Look, it's okay that you took the sign and all, but if I could have it back it'd be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Jebus, I'll make him a new fcuking sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Davy Keogh says "I fear I might be next."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Quinten 3:7

anyway when did it change from white backround to orange ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Think about it.

You mean think bout it in the form of the Simpsons, or some other form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

Did he find it?Nice man I must say.Met him on the Luas from Connolly to Heuston after a match earlier this year.He happily allowed pictures be taken with it and told other passengers great stories about the GAA.Feel sorry for him considering he travels to Dublin from Limerick by himself.I never feel comfortable on trains by myself with young lads.Really hope its returned as you cannot meet a nicer man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

LOL, thanks.
    Curiously, it's hard to read that to yourself without hearing the Rev Lovejoy accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I met this guy once on all-Ireland day and he is a bit of a nutjob and I was walking down MountJoy Square or Fitzgibbon Street and he was walking alongside and before that I had said hello to him and he was normal. Anyway there are advertising billboards up on Fitzgibbon street and there was a Kerrygold ad with a nun praying in it and I said to him, sure look Kerry is definitely going to win today as we have sister teresa praying for us! The man went mental going on about religion and how that is not how it is at all, basically I had someway offended him and just walked away and kept moving.

I hope whoever stole his sign throws a fair whack down on the vatican and gets a cheapo Ryanair flight over and they will have a handy few bob plus Ryanair, Paddy Power and the Church will get free advertising from the gullible media.

netwhizkid wrote: »
    I hope whoever stole his sign throws a fair whack down on the vatican and gets a cheapo Ryanair flight over and they will have a handy few bob plus Ryanair, Paddy Power and the Church will get free advertising from the gullible media.
    Mr John 3:7 is not a Catholic. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

netwhizkid wrote: »
    I met this guy once on all-Ireland day and he is a bit of a nutjob and I was walking down MountJoy Square or Fitzgibbon Street and he was walking alongside and before that I had said hello to him and he was normal. Anyway there are advertising billboards up on Fitzgibbon street and there was a Kerrygold ad with a nun praying in it and I said to him, sure look Kerry is definitely going to win today as we have sister teresa praying for us! The man went mental going on about religion and how that is not how it is at all, basically I had someway offended him and just walked away and kept moving.

I suggest you have a look at the forum rules.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304451

Blasphemy
    The new defamation bill including the blasphemy amendment was passed today. So there's to be no badmouthing Terry, God, Jesus, Buddha, Allah, Eric Clapton, Vishnu, AlmightyCushion, Thor, the Sun (the cancer ball not the cancerous rag) or whatever you're having yourself.

You have been warned.

I think you should make it your business not to get very touchy especially concerning other peoples beliefs.If you dont agree with his religion or his MO..just ignore him and dont take it personal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Des wrote: »
    It's AWOL

Absent WithOut Leave

Absent Without Official Leave

Phail

I found these links interesting on the background to it:
    Click here, and here

Even if you disagree with his views, it is clear that Frank Hogan has his heart in the right place.

Jakkass wrote: »
    He might even keep up with the times with his replacement and go LED so that he can also display Mark 1:15, John 3:16, Romans 10:9 to 11. :)

He might even keep up with the times with his replacement and go LED so that he can also display Mark 1:15, John 3:16, Romans 10:9 to 11. :)

I think he's doing a great work for God personally, some people don't like the fact that some people are so willing to show their faith in public :)

procure11 wrote: »
    I suggest you have a look at the forum rules.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304451

Blasphemy
    The new defamation bill including the blasphemy amendment was passed today. So there's to be no badmouthing Terry, God, Jesus, Buddha, Allah, Eric Clapton, Vishnu, AlmightyCushion, Thor, the Sun (the cancer ball not the cancerous rag) or whatever you're having yourself.

You have been warned.

I think you should make it your business not to get very touchy especially concerning other peoples beliefs.If you dont agree with his religion or his MO..just ignore him and dont take it personal.

It will be many a long day before I recognise this as it goes against our Personal Freedom, It is unconstitutional and the fact it was written by Fianna Fail and an unelected leader makes that bill worth the dirt on my boot! I will however abide by it for boards sake but it shows the sort of lowlife criminal tramps that this government are.

• Advertisement

So this guy done something bad and is looking for forgiveness?
    Fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

They should replace it with Ezekiel 25 ; 17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Was standing beside Mr Hogan in the Gaelic Grounds for a hurling qualifier in 2005. He's a quiet enough guy, very mannered. Although he did keep on asking me the score which was a bit odd considering the score board was right behind us. I hope he gets it back, these kind of pranks are not on. His sign is very much part and parcel of GAA folklore now.

grenache wrote: »
    Was standing beside Mr Hogan in the Gaelic Grounds for a hurling qualifier in 2005. He's a quiet enough guy, very mannered. Although he did keep on asking me the score which was a bit odd considering the score board was right behind us. I hope he gets it back, these kind of pranks are not on. His sign is very much part and parcel of GAA folklore now.

Can agree with that.He really seems sorry for his sin and lives a good life since so he really does nou deserve this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Where do you actually get a sign like that?

Presume he gets it specially made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Anyone at a Croke Park GAA footie or Slitter game would have seen John 3:7

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0806/1224252080527.html

I was there last Monday.

Where do you actually get a sign like that?

We might have a copycat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

It's all about Leviticus, that's the one where everyone who looks at anyone strangely gets put to death. That's badass.

paddy978 wrote: »
    Can agree with that.He really seems sorry for his sin and lives a good life since so he really does nou deserve this.

What was his sin seeing as he is living a life of penance?

• Advertisement
Advertisement