Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend, 7 - 8 August

• 06-08-2009 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Premier Division
    Friday 7 August
    Bohemians :cool: 19 : 45 Cork City
    Bray Wanderers PSTP St Patrick's Athletic
    Derry City PSTP Galway United
    Drogheda United 19 : 45 Shamrock Rovers

Saturday 8 August
    Sligo Rovers 20 : 00 Dundalk

(Fixtures via Soccerway.com -- RTE Irish league fixtures are blank :rolleyes:)

logo_gi_sm.jpg

Big test in Dalymount... though nice to be having a match at all.

Let's hope Drogheda play as well against the Shams as they did against us last week!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Id fancy Drogheda to get something from ths game, I know Rovers are unbeaten since may but Drogheda have been putting some decent from together, forget the Dundalk game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

wicklowdub wrote: »
    Id fancy Drogheda to get something from ths game, I know Rovers are unbeaten since may but Drogheda have been putting some decent from together, forget the Dundalk game.

Yup same, even put money on Drogs to beat the Shams!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Yup same, even put money on Drogs to beat the Shams!:D
    Wouldn't get too carried away about them. They were amazing against us -- played out of their socks -- but I don't know if they can replicate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

1st Division Fixtures, real football for real fans, no winner pickers here...;)

Friday, 07 August 2009

19:45 Sporting Fingal vs Mervue United
    19:45 UCD vs Athlone Town
    20:00 Wexford Youths vs Monaghan United

Saturday, 08 August 2009

19:30 Longford Town vs Shelbourne
    19:30 Kildare County vs Waterford United
    19:45 Finn Harps vs Limerick FC

Fixtures courtesy of http://www.loi.ie/index.php/home

no winner pickers here...;)
    I've always had a soft spot for Spurs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

SectionF wrote: »
    Let's hope Drogheda play as well against the Shams as they did against us last week!

Seconded. We could do with a good performance. Although Clarke and Shiels are suspended which will hit us hard. We've a few strikers to choose from so please god we can manage a win. A point would be nice enough all the same.

Heary supposed to be on the bench -- apparently still not ready to start. Have a bad feeling about this one... Murph said to be in talks/deal with Ipswich... same for Deego. Let's hope their heads are not elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

SectionF wrote: »
    Murph said to be in talks/deal with Ipswich... same for Deego. Let's hope their heads are not elsewhere.

Murphy is going to Ipswich in Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

We looked comfortable once we got the first goal, but before that it was very very dodgy. Bisto had a great match and gave 110%, even back in defence tackling at one stage. Casso, Crawley, Synott all had great games aswell.

As for the treatmeat by LTFC, what a joke. 200+ Shels fans caged into a tiny sector of the stadium with one toilet, when there was no more than 100 home fans with all but 10 on the complete opposite side of the stadium.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Thought City deserved a draw on Friday night.

We were dominant in 1st half but never too advantage, while Bohs took advantage of their period of pressure in the 2nd half.

Joe Gamble was total class when he came on. Danny Murphy and Lordan also put in a good shift.

Special mention for Gutar Silage or whatever his name is. Up there with Robbie Hedderman as the most useless players to pull on the City shirt. No pace, bad attitude, poor control and pushed of the ball very easily. He is the complete package.

Very funny when he was substituted and fans were celebrating like it was a goal.:D. Some City officials needs to get their heads out of his asses as well. Any City fan that travels up from Cork on Friday night should be able to shout what they want within reason.:rolleyes:

It takes a lot for me to give abuse to one of out own players, but the guy is lost out there - I would blame Doolin more.

Great to see the big City following despite the recent off the field problems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Sligo 3-1 up and lost 3-4 to Dundalk?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Cost me €200.

The must REALLY hate Sean Connor up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It takes a lot for me to give abuse to one of out own players, but the guy is lost out there - I would blame Doolin more.

Its totally Doolins fault. And no matter what, you never abuse one of your own players outside the usual "FFS"s etc.

Advertisement