Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrolux warranty

Options
  • 06-08-2009 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My Hob is gone on the blink. Its €70 call out charge.

Im a bit annoyed, since the hob is only 3.5 years old. Electrolux told me that there is only a 1 year warranty.

Is that right, I pay a couple of hundred quid for a well know brand electrical equipment and they only guarantee it for 1 year?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

3.5 years and something breaks, if it didn't come with a 5 or 7 year warranty then I don't see any problem.

70e for a callout charge is also pretty standard across the industry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Thanks Cabal. Im not surprised, although there are no moving parts, apart from a thermostat switch, so I was expecting more. "Welcome to the real world" I suppose :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

In fairness it sucks when things break, my oven thermostat went two months back but it was still covered so cost me nothing, I was watching the lad doing the job and it was literally a 5min job.

Really worth looking into learning about this type of stuff...could save ourselfs a fortune in the future :)

Is it any different to those of us who know how to build a pc instead of getting someone else to do it for us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Sorry for bringing an old thread up, but we have an extractor fan that has gone bust which is only 2.5 years old and IMO i do not feel that its fit for purpose should be lasting 7-10 years.
    Where do I stand as it is only a one year warranty do i have to pay for the call out to get it fixed or should they pay.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭rameire

i would suggest espares.com if the warranty or threat of small claims doesnt resolve the issue.
    i have used them, they are cheap and items arrived very quickly.
    i had to replace the oven grill and bulb on a zanussi oven, very easy to do.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
Advertisement