Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to spay a kitten (Co.Cork)?

Options
  • 06-08-2009 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can guide me as to how much it costs to get a kitten spayed/neutered. We recently 'adopted' two kitties and would like to get them 'sorted-out'!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Best thing to do is phone some of the vets in your area because vet prices vary hugely. On avereage a spay can cost anything from 70 to 140 quid but that's a rough guestimate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Cassiopeia1

Thanks a mill. Good advice! I'll get calling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭annefitzy

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can guide me as to how much it costs to get a kitten spayed/neutered. We recently 'adopted' two kitties and would like to get them 'sorted-out'!
    Thanks.

What about contacting the rescue that you adopted them from for low cost nuetering. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Cassiopeia1

We got the kittens from a couple who found them and needed a home for them. We were delighted!
    I checked out the costs at the local vet centres and they varied greatly. Recession my eyeball! One vet centre were charging 65 Euro more than another. Rip-off artists! Our local vet centre seem to be the most reasonable and at that they are charging 60 for the male and 90 for the female! No wonder we have kittens roaming the country.
    Thanks for your reply and forgive the rant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 summer_chic

My two girls were neutered for €65 each at 6 months., which included the second visit to remove the stitches. unfortunately you need to do more than neuter them , they will need vaccination & worming as they often get worms from their mothers. The shots are only annual and are about €50 or so, the worming is more often but can be done yourself after the first treatment from the vet, but its worth paying you vet a visit to get them checked out. I know there was a scheme in the city to neuter them for a lot less, but not sure if that still is happening..

you'll have to wait until they're 6 months to neuter them, but I highly reccomend booking them in in advance so you don't forget..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Hi,
    Thanks.

hi

i live in tipp- but my vet told me between 70-90 to netuer my male kitten

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

A word of advice for you, i am not sure if it would be the same there but i can tell you what it is like here

I contacted the rainbow shelter here in derry, they actually give you free vouchers for the procedure in an effort to curb unwanted cats and dogs, now i didnt get my kitty from them and have not dealt with them but the voucher is good for a spaying and it wont cost me a penny ;)

Give it a shot, contact your local shelters/rescue homes and ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

GAAman wrote: »
    A word of advice for you, i am not sure if it would be the same there but i can tell you what it is like here

I contacted the rainbow shelter here in derry, they actually give you free vouchers for the procedure in an effort to curb unwanted cats and dogs, now i didnt get my kitty from them and have not dealt with them but the voucher is good for a spaying and it wont cost me a penny ;)

Give it a shot, contact your local shelters/rescue homes and ask

i contacted my local shelter about these vouchers 2 weeks ago - the woman was an ignorant ***** and snarled down the phone that they only deal with certian vets and they dont deal with the one im with

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

i contacted my local shelter about these vouchers 2 weeks ago - the woman was an ignorant ***** and snarled down the phone that they only deal with certian vets and they dont deal with the one im with

Well you know the best way to deal with a woman like that? Kill her with kindness be the nicest person in the world and one of two things will happen, it will make her even madder or she will feel like shíte for bein such a cow either way it is win win.

On topic why not find out which vets they do deal with and if they are reputable enough get the voucher and use them as a once off?

Remember one thing when dealing with them, YOU are doing THEM a favour this is why the voucher is free

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭babychuckles

dear op
    the long and the short of it is that one has to get out the phone book and ring around a hell of a lot of vets including the ones in the towns and cork city and be blunt and ask what is the price for getting two done at the same time. I did it a long time ago when i got my first cat and still do. I will pm you with with a couple of suggestions depending on where you live hope thats ok.
    regards

• Advertisement
Advertisement