Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunderry Gun Club Clay Shoot

Options
  • 06-08-2009 11:22am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

A few people have been wondering if we were having a shoot this year.
    The good news is YES!:)

It's being held on Sunday August 23rd and the venue is back in Dunderry again. The format will be similar to previous years with the Phipps Cup team shoot in the morning (well done bayliner on winning last year) and the open shoot from 1.00pm onwards. The open shoot will incorporate the Mick Collins cup.

More details including directions and an entry form, can be had from the Dunderry GC website.

We had one boards.ie team last year (bayliner & Co.) - maybe we'll get another couple this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BIG BANG

Would love to partake But I will be in Castleisland at the inter pro ABT
    Good luck with the shoot

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

nice one!! emailed the team this evening, looking forward to it now,suppose i better polish the cup:D.....
    what time does it kick off P+B?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

We'll get going at 9.30am with the Phipps Cup Team shoot. We'll also have the novice trap open at that time and hopefully one of the DTL traps too.

Look forward to seeing you all there - if I don't end up in Castleisland myself ;).

Just a bumpity bump on this one folks.

Any sign of another boards team to rival bayliner? There must be a few of you out there with time on your hands next Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

We had one boards.ie team last year (bayliner & Co.) - maybe we'll get another couple this year?
    Hey, if so, let us know and post some pictures?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Just a bumpity bump on this one folks.

Any sign of another boards team to rival bayliner? There must be a few of you out there with time on your hands next Sunday?

id be in to heading up to it
    might try and bring one oe two with me

Sparks wrote: »
    Hey, if so, let us know and post some pictures?

Unfortunately I won't be at it this year 'cos I'm off to Castleisland for two days of shooting - I'm on the Leinster ABT team and I'll be shooting against one of bayliner's team - he's on the Connaught team.

It'll be my first time to miss our shoot ever - I've been in the thick of them for over 20 years now. One of the lads will have a camera so I should be able to nick some of his pics to post.

Look like we'll have a great crowd again and the prize money is good - €300 high gun for some lucky sod. Hope the weather is kind to us.

can w see if we can get a 5man team from boards?? or is it legal to shoot on 2 teams?? havent shot in a while bit rusty:rolleyes:

bayliner wrote: »
    can w see if we can get a 5man team from boards?? or is it legal to shoot on 2 teams?? havent shot in a while bit rusty:rolleyes:

Sorry, bayliner, you can only shoot on one team.

thats ok, just handy to know:)..... wll stick to the baylin entry so....

• Advertisement

thats ok, just handy to know:)..... wll stick to the baylin entry so....

BTW - hope you've been practising your Bolting Rabbit. We've a new rabbit trap this year so instead of Lighting Duck we'll have Fur & Feather. Should be good fun.

practising??? havent fired a shot since the all ireland i early july:rolleyes:....

always liked the rabbits though:D..... weather promised bad i heard, from a fellow fisherman .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Enjoyed the day.. Weather on the other hand wanst the may west.. Well done to the club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

good day out
    very impressed with the brilliant value for money there today
    not impressed with myself for forgetting my wellies

endasmail wrote: »
    good day out
    very impressed with the brilliant value for money there today
    not impressed with myself for forgetting my wellies
    oh thats a sacking offence:D:D..... was an enjoyable day, though a struggle with the conditions most of the time, te scores were down because of the weather i think!!:D......

Glad you enjoyed the day despite the weather! I heard it was pretty awful. Only consolation is the Mark and myself got pi55ed on in Castleisland too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gaveng

very well done to the club, we had a great day and we managed a couple of novice trophies as well:D , pity about the weather , but it was a great days sport and great value for money

practising??? havent fired a shot since the all ireland i early july
    always liked the rabbits though:D..... weather promised bad i heard, from a fellow fisherman .....

For someone who hasn't practised I believe you did well.
    Retained the Phipps cup again.....well done lads!

For someone who hasn't practised I believe you did well.
    Retained the Phipps cup again.....well done lads!
    yeah didnt think the score was good enough but did it in the end, if this keeps up we will be ran one of the days:D, was a comment during the presentation "well done lads but dont come back nextyear!" all in good fun though got a good laugh:D:D.... the bad weather and high winds even tried to dampen the day by blowing over the table with the trophies on it!!! only a few casualties though..............

Well done again and you'll always be welcome down. It was an awful pity about the weather. The one day a year we have a shoot and it comes down in buckets. I was over at the field yesterday evening cleaning up and it was fairly mucky (understatement of the year).
    The "don't come back next year" comment had to be Joe Coffey, Jason's dad. :D

What did you think of the Fur & Feather? I didn't get to see it but I heard it was tough.

• Advertisement

Well done again and you'll always be welcome down. It was an awful pity about the weather. The one day a year we have a shoot and it comes down in buckets. I was over at the field yesterday evening cleaning up and it was fairly mucky (understatement of the year).
    The "don't come back next year" comment had to be Joe Coffey, Jason's dad. :D

What did you think of the Fur & Feather? I didn't get to see it but I heard it was tough.
    wasnt joe no,:D.... though he told me a disturbing story about the phipps cup and dentures etc:D:D.....

we shot the fir and feather as a sim pair, as thats what the ref showed us! later seen other teams shoot it on report, mentioned it to lee but wasnt making a deal about it, wasnt easy either way but a nice testing trap, tough to see the rabbit as it was the black side of the clay and it looked like the bunny was on steroids:D..... it was gone b4 ya knew it.... strangely enough it was my best trap!!

wasnt joe no,:D.... though he told me a disturbing story about the phipps cup and dentures

I don't believe he told you about the false teeth.....:D What a story! And the way he tells it.......:D:D You'd certainly think twice about drinking from any cup again:eek:
    we shot the fir and feather as a sim pair, as thats what the ref showed us! later seen other teams shoot it on report, mentioned it to lee but wasnt making a deal about it, wasnt easy either way but a nice testing trap, tough to see the rabbit as it was the black side of the clay and it looked like the bunny was on steroids:D..... it was gone b4 ya knew it.... strangely enough it was my best trap!!

I heard they loaded the clays or set the trap the wrong way round....ah well! makes it more interesting!

Advertisement