Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania - Best approach

Options
  • 06-08-2009 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I bought a DVD recorder off pixmania that was delivered yesterday. When I took it out of the box last night, it was in a shocking state. Damaged in a few places, facia falling off etc...

Now, I know from reading here and from an issue I had myself a few years ago, when something like this happens, and you have to return faulty goods, you are usually in a world of Pain when it comes to Pixmania.

I just wanted to ask, before I go down the road of messing about with them for 3 months, has anyone had a successful and fast outcome to an issue with them, and if so, what is the route you took.

So far all I have done is send an e-mail to that Mediator UK address that was posted up here by someone representing Pixmania a few months back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I haven't, but the time I had a problem with pix I applied for an RMA which they accept by default. This works by you sending the item back to them on your dime, and they'll refund you the cost if they agree that there's a problem and that they should be fixing it.

Mine was a TV and it was going to be a few quid to send, so instead of risking it on pix's honesty I contacted the manufacturer who arranged to have it picked up and dropped back, all taking under two weeks (and only because they had to order in a part). It might be worth seeing if the manufacturer will do this for you, although given your description their warranty might not apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Take pictures of everything, the DVD player, the box it came in, anything relevant. Keep the box it came in too, and when returning it, use too much packaging, so Pix can't claim it was damaged in return. Other than that, good luck, you'll probably need it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'd personally be calling my credit card provider and telling them about it. You only have so long to request a charge back and that time can easily be eaten up by pixmania.

Better safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Had a similar problem with pixmania myself.

My new UPS arrived physically damaged basically. Called PIX and they sent me a mail with a pickup docket for the couriers the couriers picked it up the next day and my card was credited.

Happy days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Pixmania

Hello,

I am very sorry that you received a damaged item.

Please could you send photos of the item and the packaging to mediator_ie@pixmania.com

We will contact you with a solution asap.

Best regards,

Kate
    Pixmania

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

I have done that now.

I also sent an e-mail to you on the 6th of August. As of yet I have not heard anything back from either mail.

BnA wrote: »
    I have done that now.

I also sent an e-mail to you on the 6th of August. As of yet I have not heard anything back from either mail.
    Have you called your CC provider?

I have done everything the representative from Pixmania has asked and I still not heard a single word from them.

They are the worst company in the world. You might think everything is fine with them and get lulled into a false sense of security after a few successful orders. But believe me, you will get caught. They will eventually F**k it up and when they do, you will be in a world of pain.

Do NOT under any circumstances use this company.

I'd personally be calling my credit card provider and telling them about it. You only have so long to request a charge back and that time can easily be eaten up by pixmania.

Better safe than sorry.
    Have you called your CC provider?

?

Haven't called the Credit Card Provider.

I have been on holidays teh last two weeks so only just arrived back now to see that I still hadn't heard anything back from them.

I will get my wife to ring them tomorrow (It's her card)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

1. Write a formal letter of complaint detailing EVERYTHING from taking receipt of the order, to opening the package to discussing the issue with various PixMania staff members. In this letter, tell them that you are giving them 10 business days to respond [14 days / 2 weeks to you and me.] otherwise you will initiate legal proceedings.
    2. Send this letter via registered post to their head office [France ?]
    3. Initiate legal proceedings against them. I'm not 100% sure but I think you can take them to the Irish Small Claims Court once they are a European company. Can anyone verify?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Pixmania

Dear BnA,

I have no way of locating you with the details posted on this forum and there are no unresolved cases linked to e-mails sent to mediator_ie@pixmania.com

I have just checked the address and it works.

Please forward the e-mails with your order or customer number and we will be sure to respond to you asap.

Best regards,

Kate
    Pixmania

Pixmania wrote: »
    Dear BnA,

I have no way of locating you with the details posted on this forum and there are no unresolved cases linked to e-mails sent to mediator_ie@pixmania.com

I have just checked the address and it works.

Please forward the e-mails with your order or customer number and we will be sure to respond to you asap.

Best regards,

Kate
    Pixmania
    Kate

I sent the first e-mail to mediator_uk@pixmania.com on the 6/08/09
    I sent the second e-mail to mediator_ie@pixmania.com on the 13/08/09

I have just forwarded both of these mails to mediator_ie@pixmania.com

I have also sent you a PM on this website with my order number, e-mail address and phone number.

Please contact me asap

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

BnA wrote: »
    Kate

I sent the first e-mail to mediator_uk@pixmania.com on the 6/08/09
    I sent the second e-mail to mediator_ie@pixmania.com on the 13/08/09
    Talk to your Credit Card company, to see what's the time limit for a charge back. You don't want to be held waiting, only to find out that you can no longer claim, due to being outside the timeframe...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,193 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Pixmania wrote: »

LOL :D

I think you have to make a claim to your CC provider within 30 days.

I think you have to make a claim to your CC provider within 30 days.
    In that case, the person saying that they are pixmania are doing stall tactics, so that you can no longer claim back money... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

the_syco wrote: »
    In that case, the person saying that they are pixmania are doing stall tactics, so that you can no longer claim back money... :mad:
    with these sort of companies the best thing is to get your money back first! and then if they ever manage to sort out the problem you can always forward payment again!

Just to give an update on this.

After sending a number of e-mails to the Mediator_uk and Mediator_ie addresses with no response, I PM'ed my contact details onto the Pixmania user here on Boards. After that, a girl phoned me the following day from Pixmania and to be fair to her, she has proven to be very helpful since in sorting it out.

She sent me an e-mail from her own personal e-mail and I replied to it with the other mails I had sent over the weeks including the pictures of the broken DVD recorder. She arranged for a UPS pickup which happened yesterday and has promised me that she will send a replacement out to me as soon as that comes in.

This girl has been very helpful since I made direct contact with her and hopefully she will see it through. I will let ye know the final outcome.

Please tell me you've contacted your CC provider?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

the best thing to do is call the courier and adv them its arrived damaged. they will open a file on it etc and contact pixmania to let them know its arrived damaged. in the meantime its best for you to ctc pixmania to let them know also. they get a report from the courier company letting them know the extent of the damage and where it happened. then pixmania should organise for the damaged goods to be collected from you and a replacement sent out......

xx:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

DYLF? BnA has already said that the broken DVD recorder HAS been picked up, yesterday, and that a replacement will be sent out as soon as is possible.

Sounds like a good result to me. Keep us posted BnA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

As with anything to do with these idiots (Pixmania) the only time it's a result is when you are lucky enough to either get the right item delivered undamaged or be warmed off them before purchasing!

DYLF wrote: »
    the best thing to do is call the courier and adv them its arrived damaged. they will open a file on it etc and contact pixmania to let them know its arrived damaged. in the meantime its best for you to ctc pixmania to let them know also. they get a report from the courier company letting them know the extent of the damage and where it happened. then pixmania should organise for the damaged goods to be collected from you and a replacement sent out......

xx:D
    the courier has nothing to do with it at all! your only contact in a case like this should be the store/pixmania as the courier/delivery is solely their responsibility!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

I have had similar experience with Pixmania, especially electric goods.
    I got a FUJI camera and it looked for all purpose a returned item from someone else. I queried it and was told, you have to pay for package.
    was not keen on using them after that.

Well... To answer my own question from the start of this thread..... the answer is simple..... There is no best approach with Pixmania. The answer is very simple. If there is a problem with your order, you are quite simply in a world of PAIN.

My order was finally picked up by UPS for collection on the 31st of August.

It was delivered to Pixmania on the the 4th September.

I have not heard a single word from them since. I have been e-mailing the girl who posts here and who arranged the pick up for me. She is, of course, ignoring me.

I rang them today. Shock of shocks, I actually got talking to a human being...!!! However, he was no more helpful than the drone I am usually left listening to. He told me that after a return has been received, it takes 10 days for them to "Open an investigation"

DO not EVER EVER EVER EVER use this company.

Do not make the same stupied mistake that I made and allow yourself to be lulled into a false sense of security just because they managed to send you a few orders without screwinging it up....

They will eventually screw one up..... and when they do......You're screwed

It's probably too late to claim back from your CC provider now.

Well, it seems, after posting here on Friday and ringing them, my replacement was shipped on Friday night.

So fingers and Toes crossed, it gets here in one piece this week.

letus know if they manage to sort this huge mess out. you may well find though that they send you back the very same item which you returned! as i posted before i would try for a credit card chargeback and at least get your money back then you are not left out of pocket if/when this shower screw up again! you can always pay for goods after they have been recieved and checked by you for damage etc.

after all the hassle you and many others have had with pixmania i would have little or no faith in any product they either sell or ship.

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    as i posted before i would try for a credit card chargeback
    As most CC companies have a max of 30 days for a CB, I think they may not get a CB (OP was over 30 days ago).

Advertisement