Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania - Best approach

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

the_syco wrote: »
    As most CC companies have a max of 30 days for a CB, I think they may not get a CB (OP was over 30 days ago).
    Also my understanding is a CC company will NOT charge back the transaction on an item that you have in your possession even if it is damaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Well.... here I am, finally recording DVD's to my hearts content.

I first ordered my DVD recorder off Pixmania on the 31st July.

It arrived on the 6th of August - Except it was fooked.

On the 7th of August I started trying to sort it out with Pixmania.

It took untill the 1st of September before Pixmania finally sent UPS to collect it.

The broken DVD recorder was delivered to Pixmania on the 4th of September

It was 8 days later on the 12th of September before they sent out a replacement which I finally received on Tuesday the 15th.

It was 46 days after I first ordered it that I had a DVD recorder.

It was 40 days after I reported the broken one that I got a replacement.

All in all, I would describe my customer experience of Pixmania as utter utter muck. The girl who logs in here as Pixmania did try to help me for a few days and even rang me once, but she then disappeared never to be heard from again. Maybe she was caught being helpful by her supervisor, and as this was against company policy, she got fired.

To answer my own origional question.... I don't have an answer. Maybe there is an easy straight forward way to deal with Pixmania returns..... but if there is, I didn't find it.

My conclusion. Do NOT under any circumstances go near them with a barge pole. It is just not worth the hassle. Life is just too short.

Advertisement