Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes scheme? Um, when?

Options
  • 06-08-2009 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

So when is this Dublin Bike scheme actually going to start, does anyone know?

A quick Google reveals it's set to be "completed by the end of June" or "fully operational by Summer 2009".. which would have made sense.

So can we expect to actually see these things this side of Christmas or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

I heard 13th September I think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

don't mean to be cynical, but are there not just far too many scumbags in this city for that to work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Kooli wrote: »

yeah i read that in the paper this morning, and they will be free for the first 30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Kooli wrote: »

Just in time for our 10 month long wet and rainy season.

Who runs this ****ing country, anyway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Goodshape wrote: »
    Just in time for our 10 month long wet and rainy season.

Who runs this ****ing country, anyway?

I think it rains more in summer these days, certainly seems like it. Anyway I hope it works, would be handy to be watching a movie on Parnell st then jump on a bike and meet someone for a pint on Baggot st or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

A lot of the stations for the bikes have been set up. It seems like there are lots of places for the bikes, particularly around the southside of the city centre.
    However, the centre of the city is so closely packed and the road system means that if you were to cycle anywhere it would involve taking massive loops and not heading in a straight line to your destination. Walking around the city centre seems to be quicker and less hassle

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Saw some bloke taking the plastic wrappings off the machine & posts at the jervis st point, also saw him testing the machine

Nick

Advertisement