Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Kerbdog play again?

• 06-08-2009 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

well what do we think. i pulled out on the turn the other day for the first time in a few years. great album , as is their first one.
    heres one of the best irish songs ever! cant believe its about 16 or so yrs ago!
    the memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf91SoqTExo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Last time I them was at Oxegen about 3 years ago, great gig.

I think they have done a few small gigs since then. Hope they do another one......quick way for Cormac and the boys to earn a couple of grand.:D

"Hey Billy yes it's me. Come around we'll have a field day, a relay around the back."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Vanhalla wrote: »
    well what do we think. i pulled out on the turn the other day for the first time in a few years. great album , as is their first one.
    heres one of the best irish songs ever! cant believe its about 16 or so yrs ago!
    the memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf91SoqTExo

if they do, i hope it's as a four piece so more stuff from the first album can be played. That track is just mammoth. The whole self-titled debut is just absolutely stunning, never get bored of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

was only listening to them today
    anyone no why they broke up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

endasmail wrote: »
    was only listening to them today
    anyone no why they broke up?

I'm probably wrong but I believe they ran into major financial difficulties after the last album and disbanded. They're all around doing bits n bobs, so it was an amicable split rather then a "creative difference" type of thing :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

They tend to play every Christmas. They have done the last 2 years at least anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 bobby boots

Caught them last year if memory serves me right in The Village. They were ropey to put it best. Singer tended to prattle on a wee bit too much in between songs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Last year was in Andrew's Lane Theatre. Year before was The Village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

while on the subject of kilkenny bands, what the hell ever happened to my little funhouse! they were signed on a major deal back in the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Hope so, I like them alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Last time i saw them was '93 i think in the rock garden(now eamon dorans):eek:. Debut album was excellent,still gets a regular spin on the ipod. Earthworks is a killer song!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Saw them in the Pumphouse in Kilkenny last year. Jaw-staggeringly good.

As in I'd seen Muse the week before in Marlay Park with all the fancy lighting and whatnot. The Dog left 'em in the ha'penny place.

Hope they play again. Met Cormac and Billy down at that gig, talking to 'em for a bit. Older bands like Kerbdog, Therapy?, The Driven completely pwn the ones that are doing the rounds now.

Advertisement