Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misogynistic Cat?

Options
  • 06-08-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

I have a cat that's nearly a year old now. My fianceé and I have had him since he was a kitten with no problems up until now. Recently though, we've started having behavioural problems with him.

When I'm on my own at home with him, he's as good as gold and never violent or agressive. However, when my fianceé comes back from work, sometimes he can completely change and start trying to claw up her legs or bite her. I don't think it's because of anything she's done or malice (because next minute, he'll happily crawl on to her lap), but he definitely seems to get excitable in her presence.

It's probably not linked, but we have noticed that he does not socialize well with females (he gets submissive and runs away!), but he gets on just fine with male cats (I always thought they'd be more aggressive?).

Advertisement