Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

photographer wanted to travel to offices around Ireland

• 06-08-2009 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey,

Our company wants head shots of all our staff based in different offices around Ireland. I'm looking for advice/quotes/contact details.

Can you recommend any professional photographers who would be willing to travel to offices in Dublin, Galway, Mullingar, Sligo, Limerick, Cork, Waterford, Kilkenny and Dundalk and how much roughly it would cost?

Or would I be better off getting local photographers to do it? If so, can anyone recommend people in those counties (all offices are based in the counties capital)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

This'll probably be moved into the sticky up top, but for what it's worth, for the sake of consistancy, get the one photographer to travel around and do it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Have a look here first, you'll get a better response in there

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055524252

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Will leave this thread open for advice but any quotes or offers should be by PM only.

I would also urge the OP to post this request in the Services Thread after reading the rules that apply there.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭decsramble

No disrespect but do you really need professional quality head shots of your staff? Are the photos for use with customers? You might find that simply having someone in each office take a photo of the staff members sitting in front of a plain background with a reasonable quality camera should produce photos up to the quality you need. You might even find that in most offices someone will own a DSLR and a tripod that they will be willing to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

decsramble wrote: »
    No disrespect but do you really need professional quality head shots of your staff? Are the photos for use with customers? You might find that simply having someone in each office take a photo of the staff members sitting in front of a plain background with a reasonable quality camera should produce photos up to the quality you need. You might even find that in most offices someone will own a DSLR and a tripod that they will be willing to use.

in the offices where someone doesn't have a good quality camera and tripod (not to mention lighting, skill or experience) maybe hand drawn caricatures will do? :rolleyes:

Like Fajitas said - assuming this is for business use, if you want any type of consistency in look and quality - get one person (or group working together) for your job.

Not expecting you to tell us on an open forum, but I wonder what your budget is for this? How many employees would need the headshots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Yes I reckon you are best letting us know an average number of people at each location to get the best possible quotes, i.e. if someone was to charge 10 euro a shot and there were only 2 people in Cork and coming from Dublin it would hardly be worth their while. Not saying anyone will charge that but you get where I'm coming from.

Tbh, for a job like this, it won't be €10 per shot, it'll be a quote to include everything, from travel to photography, to post processing. I'm still standing behind my comment of getting one person to do it all, you'll have a consistant aesthetic across your business, as opposed to several different shots along the same lines.

And if they can't provide a competitive rate, I'm sure someone else can :)

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Tbh, for a job like this, it won't be €10 per shot
    Not saying anyone will charge that but you get where I'm coming from.

*facepalm

Ugh, I didn't mean that - Read past that line.

I meant you won't be getting a 'per shot' rate. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Can only wholeheartedly agree with the 'one photographer' thing - otherwise you're gonna get shots that'll have different quality, white balance, processing - just messy and amateurish if you're going to have them in any way grouped.

• Advertisement

sineadw wrote: »
    Can only wholeheartedly agree with the 'one photographer' thing - otherwise you're gonna get shots that'll have different quality, white balance, processing - just messy and amateurish if you're going to have them in any way grouped.

In my local Texaco service station they have portraits of staff along the wall at the back. There is one particular picture that always gets me thinking was it a different photographer, this is the reason for one photographer for one job. Consistency all the way!

Post removed

Read the stickeys and post in here
    You've already had thread deleted :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Tallon wrote: »
    Read the stickeys and post in here
    You've already had thread deleted :p

I was about to point out the sticky. I was also going to add that perhaps bebo isn't the best place to advertise if you're looking for professional work.

Am I missing something I havent seen bebo mentioned?

As bebo goes though I get a fair amount of queries through bebo, it is a good way for people to see your work if you are looking to work in the modelling / band circuits. Lili Forberg seems to get a lot of work through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

As bebo goes though I get a fair amount of queries through bebo, it is a good way for people to see your work if you are looking to work in the modelling / band circuits. Lili Forberg seems to get a lot of work through it.

There was a post removed by a poster who was advertising her services. She linked to a bebo page as an example of her work. I don't know much about the modelling/band circuit, but I do know that if I was looking for a bunch of serious professional portraits done around the country I probably wouldn't even bother opening a bebo page to check a photographers work if that's what was available.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

There was a post from a new user who replied to the OP as being interested in doing the work. She gave a Bebo link to her work.

That post was removed.

Advertisement