Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dance & Electronic & DJing Meet-up

• 06-08-2009 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭

Just to inform users of this forum we are going to have a meet up in town on the 29th August in Kennedys. The Gig is an extension of the Kitchen Sync electronic channel that was set up here on boards.

Granted this is a pay at the door event but seen as the channel was set up on boards it seems a great opportunity to put a face to the many usernames who reside in this forum.

For more information visit this thread
    or
    Add us to facebook

(Mod's: Please understand a lot of people don't read the clubbing forum!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

sounds like a good night,any chance of recording it(with crowd noise for added effect)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

seannash wrote: »
    sounds like a good night,any chance of recording it(with crowd noise for added effect)
    Yeah I'm sure we will come up with something, We are looking into broadcasting the gig on the channel and recording it thru there.
    Unfortunately it will be extremely poor quality on purpose to entice people to come. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

ah crap, I'm going to Ibiza that night!!!
    sh1te.

jtsuited wrote: »
    sh1te.

you playing out there?

seannash wrote: »
    you playing out there?

nah just a holiday.

sun, sea, and lots of uplifting piano house.

• Advertisement

nah just a holiday.

sun, sea, and lots of uplifting piano house.

i hear its making a comeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

That's hardcore breaks you're thinking of Sean...

That's hardcore breaks you're thinking of Sean...

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Will be sunning myself with the little lady in Portugal while this on. Pity would have liked to come down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Will defo make an effort to get down to this, be good to put some names to faces!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'll be there, can't wait should be a great laugh. Will be great to put some faces to usernames after all this time.

Lads I think we should put a thread in after hours just to let people know - I'm sure there are probably lots of people who would like to come to a club night like this but do not necessarily look in this forum. I'll throw one up later if you think it would help

Numbers wise is this being promoted anywhere else apart from here? Does Kennedy's get a regular traffic who will just stroll in anyway?

Would you put one in the after hours forum? Will look better coming from a Mod!

I have been advertising on facebook and the like + have text anyone who would be interested, Im hoping that people involved will do likewise. To make things easier I can add you as an admin to the event on facebook which will allow you invite your friends!

From being in Kennedys it usually draws a crowd + I will be there the week before hand at Steve Don's Gig handing out flyers!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yep will do. Any suggested text or anything please pm me.

Be careful handing out flyers as strictly you need a license and the fines are huge.

Has anyone advertised the gig on other forums?

I updated the facebook page there - embellished a bit haha - but important to give some background info on what its about and encourage others to come too.
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=122372124208

Zascar wrote: »
    Yep will do. Any suggested text or anything please pm me.

Be careful handing out flyers as strictly you need a license and the fines are huge.

Has anyone advertised the gig on other forums?

Jaysus didn't know that :eek:

Will be doing that in the next few days. I will be looking to hit local related forums, however I dont know many active ones other than EMI

www.emireland.com, www.dancemusicireland.com, www.clubbing.ie, www.irishclubbing.ie

Just write one good quick description, type pf music etc, what to expect, with the pic of the flyer, and throw it on all the forums

DJForums: http://www.djforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201398
    EMI: http://www.emireland.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2280
    DanceMusicIreland: http://www.dancemusicireland.ie/index.php?showtopic=42988

Waiting to be registered to the other forums! I think the link to wwwclubbing.com is wrong :confused:

edit: DMI!

Ok I put a thread in After Hours, can everyone contribute something and just say you are involved and would like to see any boards members who like clubbing to attend etc etc

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61485120#post61485120

I updated the facebook page there - embellished a bit haha - but important to give some background info on what its about and encourage others to come too.
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=122372124208

Thanks have been meaning to do that! If you want to add friends when you have a spare few minutes fire away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

best a luck with this. I might make it as I should be back from Transylvania Calling at that stage so a trip up to Dublin might be cool

• Advertisement

Getting the AH thread stickied! :D

Getting the AH thread stickied! :D

Yeah seen that great stuff!

Can I interest anyone else in this? A few of us will be meeting in town for beers before hand and we are also on the lookout for an after party spot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I'm actually back in Dublin with my bird and baby son that weekend but even if we got a babysitter the music wouldn't be to my liking unfortunately so no point in me even considering going,have fun anyway.:)

Edit -Just remembered we fly back to Manchester on Sunday and that nite in Leeds we have this,should be amazing

http://www.dontstayin.com/uk/leeds/the-loft/2009/aug/30/event-217123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

sh1te.

Whereabouts you staying man? I'll be up for this when I'm back big time!

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Whereabouts you staying man? I'll be up for this when I'm back big time!

staying up in es canar (just outside santa eulalia).
    going on holiday so actually trying to get away from music - still going to Cocoon on the monday though and space maybe if i can get guestlisted [casual acquaintances playing there]).

Can't friggin wait, but a bit bummed about not being able to make the lads' night in kennedy's. Hopefully there'll be more. Best of luck to all y'all, and it's great to see people taking the ball and running with it.

BUMP, I know this gig is posted all over the place but there is a good reason for it. The gig is perfect for everyone on boards to get together an have a good night!

A few of us are meeting in Kennedys Bar at 9, Doors for the gig are at 11pm.

Hope to see you there.

Sean

Advertisement