Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone home broadband 7mb offpeak package .. €48

Options
  • 06-08-2009 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Including line rental .. it's not to shabby!

60GB download limit
    Up to 672 Kbps upload speed
    No upload limit (unlike Digiweb)
    200 off-peak minutes free to 3 Vodafone Friends

Anyone know if they are strict on the download cap ?

link

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Your best bet is to ask Vodafone this :)
    Nobody here can tell you with 100% certainty that they will or will not charge you during the lifetime of your contract with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

zod wrote: »
    Anyone know if they are strict on the download cap ?

Yes. I don't see anything that special about this. Just another bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

im certainly thinking of going for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Vodafone absolutely rape you on the download limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

What 60GB? Whats wrong with that, I thought that was good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ditto, 60gb is a massive limit for nearly everyone bar very serious downloaders. Think they are setting up packages to get ready for all the BT switchover people

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

At the risk of hijacking zod's thread, anyone express an opinion on the actual quality of the fixed Vodafone service?

Just looking at their packages now including a discount to their mobile phone customers they're offering for E35 a 3MB package including line rental with free off peak local and national calls, 200 off peak mins to any vf mobile, 40 GB download limit.

Surely good value, equivelent Eircom setup is E56.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Ive had it for a year now, no problems with it for me. On the 3Mb my cap was 30GB and I went over a couple of times but didn't get charged. I'm now moving to the 7Mb / 60Gb. I've never noticed any traffic shaping on it and I've regularly used 1/3 of my total cap in a single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

... I've never noticed any traffic shaping on it and I've regularly used 1/3 of my total cap in a single day...

Answers another question I didn't want to ask..

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bluefish

How do you find out your usage? it would be good to know when you are approaching your cap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I changed from BT to vodafone and got a letter saying its max 10 days to get phone line changed and then 21 days max to get broadband activated. Surely the broadband connection would be simply transferred too or will I be without bb for a few days? confused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

TheDriver wrote: »
    I changed from BT to vodafone and got a letter saying its max 10 days to get phone line changed and then 21 days max to get broadband activated. Surely the broadband connection would be simply transferred too or will I be without bb for a few days? confused!

There shouldn't be any delay. Once DSL is already active on your line, all you need is a username and password for the 2nd supplier. Everything else remains the same.

Bluefish wrote: »
    How do you find out your usage? it would be good to know when you are approaching your cap?

On vodafone.ie you can log into you account on the "My Vodafone At Home" section, I think you have to fill in some details to register for it the first time. It's got all your bills and usage stats since the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bluefish

Cheers - John. Will try that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

What do you mean by that? I've gone 18gigs over without noticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 capal4321

to JohnDigital who said there is no traffic shaping. I believe there is by vodafone. how can I explain that my 3mb line goes down to 200kB/s whenever i start using astraweb? thanks, m

I didn't say there wasn't any, I said I never noticed any.

I use Vuse for Torrents and I use Rapidshare with a download manager, I get usually around 300-350kB/s which was the same as I got on Eircom for years. I don't use astraweb or any newsgroup stuff.

You do know that your 3Mb/s connection is only capable of around 375kB/s download speed and depending on how many other users are online at the same time contention will reduce that further?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 capal4321

John, thanks for clarifying. M

Advertisement