Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Environmental health officer coming to my house help please

Options
  • 06-08-2009 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

im sorry if this is the wrong place, but me and my boyfriend are renting a place, and we apply for rehousing with the council a while back, and we got a letter the other day that there is a environmental health officer coming to see u and were we are living, im dont know much about this, or what they are goin to ask us, can any help please

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They are checking that the house is suitable for two people, ie. not a boxroom and that there is minimum standards in the property such as running water.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

snubbleste wrote: »
    They are checking that the house is suitable for two people, ie. not a boxroom and that there is minimum standards in the property such as running water.

Yup, you've nothing to worry about - it's standard procedure.

There are regulations that landlords have to adhere to, the Local Authority send out people to inspect the rented accomodation to ensure they are to a suitable standard. The Local Authority get paid by the Dept of the Environment for every inspection carried out.

Advertisement