Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap moving cost?s

Options
  • 06-08-2009 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

hi , Im moving to London from Ireland at the end of august. Only problem is moving everything is going to be so expensive. Cant find any cheap flights and I have about 100kilos of luggage. Anyone any suggestions? UPS wont ship anyhting over 70kilos :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Stick it on a pallet and ring Hales Freight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Boat and borrowing a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 23border

yeah i was thinkming of renting a car but it just seems the insurance would be really expensive as im a young male.
    using a freight company sounds good. anyone ever do it before ? is it safe?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If you are below 25 it would usually be extra yes; as for freight company, yes I know several who have done it. Make sure everything is packed very well and documented in advance. Expect that the boxes could take a few hits etc. so make sure the PC/camera/what ever is packed accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Most freight companies will ship part loads for you.. might be dirt cheap if you are willing to wait a couple of weeks for them to fill up a load.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

My friend met a Scotsman a couple of years and decided to move herself and her child over to london(a comprimise). They moved all her and her duaghters belonging via van. It would so cheaper for you to go by ferry, rack your brains, you must know someone who has a van or access to one via work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'm in the same situation lad, moving to Edinburgh at the end of the month. I had a quote from Avis (I've since misplaced it d'oh) but I was looking at about €500 for petrol, van and ferry.

How much would it cost for UPS to shift 2 x 50kg's?

Advertisement