Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INQ not receiving texts

• 06-08-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

I have the INQ on 3 and for the past few days I've been unable to receive texts. At first I put it down to a horrible coincidence of everyone running out of credit at once, but then when I met up with a few people they were complaining that I wasn't texting back. I then sent some messages to my phone using other peoples phones and none of them were received.

However, I'm still getting text messages from 3 Voicemail whenever someone leaves a message. Would this be a hardware problem, or more likely a problem with the SIM? I've deleted about half my Inbox, but to no avail.

I really can't bear the idea of having the phone sent back for a 3rd time!

[edit]
    Turns out that it was a full inbox. The INQ gives no warning of full memory and just doesn't receive texts. After deleting half my Inbox I assumed that any messages queued at the message centre would start to arrive, but alas they didn't and it was only when I tested it again myself that I got the text.
    [/edit]

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Op, switch your phone off/on if you haven't already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

AdMMM wrote: »
    [edit]
    Turns out that it was a full inbox. The INQ gives no warning of full memory and just doesn't receive texts. After deleting half my Inbox I assumed that any messages queued at the message centre would start to arrive, but alas they didn't and it was only when I tested it again myself that I got the text.
    [/edit]

Same thing happened to me! Thanks for the solution. Messages were delivererd by the message centre, but not displayed by the phone.

Advertisement