Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marks & Spencer's Vegetarian Wines

Options
  • 06-08-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Which ones do you like?
    Which ones would you recommend to a vegetarian friend?

They have to be marked with a "V", tho. (That's one thing M & S are quite good at - letting you know on the bottle's label, whether it's suitable for veggies or not.)

I need some recommendations, cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

cant say iv ever tried any of the M&S wines, be interesting to know, maybe we should buy a load... research of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

maameeo wrote: »
    cant say iv ever tried any of the M&S wines, be interesting to know, maybe we should buy a load... research of course!

Maameeo, ever the scientician!
    +1 it is.

***psst*** There might actually be an announcement from them, in the near future, of interest here. There might not...but there might be.:cool:

its for the good of the forum loike :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'll volunteer for whites, red wine is ewww.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

I don't drink, but if you need help testing any other Marks and Spencer's food I'll be happy to oblige. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

-lala- wrote: »
    I don't drink, but if you need help testing any other Marks and Spencer's food I'll be happy to oblige. :)

Actually, Marks & Sparks are quite good for info, otherwise - heres wot I found;

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Product-Information-Lists-Allergies-and-Intolerances-Special-Diets-About-our-Food-Food-Wine/b/206654031
    from which we get

Vegetarian List (updated monthly) (everything except a booze section);
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/02/00/00/02/14/66/33/214663302.pdf
    and Vegan List (comments, as above);
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/02/00/00/02/14/66/31/214663162.pdf

Just no frikkin' booze list/booze section on veg*n lists :(

But hey, lala, knock yerself out! :pac::pac::pac:

oh i got veg samosa in m&s the other day...yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

But hey, lala, knock yerself out! :pac::pac::pac:

Gladly.

Yum, M&S :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Síle28

Ehm isn't wine made from grapes which I would have assumed were vegetarian? Is some other animal product usually added to wines?:confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

isinglass (a very pure form of gelatine from sturgeon fish bladders), gelatine (extract from boiled cow's or pig's hooves and sinews), occasionally blood has been used as an additive

for vegans:

egg whites (or albumin) and caseins (a protein from milk).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Ye super fussy vegetarians give the rest of us a bad name. If it has a % on the side of it I'll drink it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Síle28

one word YUCK! used to be veggie and never even looked at my wine contents, still not a meat fan and having that rubbish floating around in my wine doesn't appeal, afraid to ask...is my bottle of Corona (sitting here in all it's ice cold limey glory in front of me) also full of nasty animal stuff?

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Ye super fussy vegetarians give the rest of us a bad name. If it has a % on the side of it I'll drink it!
    Like us picky ones that don't eat fish? :p
    Síle28 wrote: »
    one word YUCK! used to be veggie and never even looked at my wine contents, still not a meat fan and having that rubbish floating around in my wine doesn't appeal, afraid to ask...is my bottle of Corona (sitting here in all it's ice cold limey glory in front of me) also full of nasty animal stuff?
    Corona is vegan I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Ye pretend vegetarians give the rest of us a bad name. If you eat or drink anything with dead animal bits in it, you're not a vegetarian. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Ye pretend vegetarians give the rest of us a bad name. If you eat or drink anything with dead animal bits in it, you're not a vegetarian. :cool:

Okey dokey.

Advertisement