Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Band Shots/Strobist C &C

• 06-08-2009 3:35pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

did a wee shoot with my friends band.

3791580673_e853a8e168.jpg

3791587007_b4766f27fd.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Ah, I'm good friends with the guy on the right in the first shot. Was a little confused there for a moment.

I really like the first shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I love the second one, as a notmal picture I would crop out some of the bottom although this would work great as a poster or flyer for the band.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I love the second one, as a notmal picture I would crop out some of the bottom although this would work great as a poster or flyer for the band.

3795462328_6a35467b2a.jpg

yeah was playing around with few ideas with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Yeah I like the third one, thats great.

If they were to use it for a poster I reckon a large grey box at the botton where they can write all the details would do cool, unless they are going to be posh and print as needed and then it could be printed rather than written.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭SaturnV

I really like the second one; with the three together, I can see how that works to give something to work with for a flyer or whatever.

I love the first one too; the low level lighting is very effective. The only thing I would say is that the shadows are a bit too harsh is places, and the shadow in the background doesn't really add to the image. In an ideal world, a second, much weaker light source at a higher angle to fill in and soften some of the shadows might take care of this (or even one behind the guys, or both). On the other hand, if you over did it you would kill the drama of the lighting that you have used. It would be tricky to get it exactly right. Ugh, artificial lighting is hard!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

3794729863_4ca0812f95.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

^^^ I would put a bit of FTO gel across your flash, to take away the corpse look!
    Even 1/4 FTO would help.

mrmac wrote: »
    ^^^ I would put a bit of FTO gel across your flash, to take away the corpse look!
    Even 1/4 FTO would help.

they were exposed grans, i added that after, give it a cyanotype look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I don't see it. Looks washed out, and lifeless, on my screen. I'll have another look when I get to my own screen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sorry, they don't do anything for me, the lighting is what let's them down. But also in the 2nd shot you're just too far away, my attention is drawn to the harsh shadows rather than the person, who I can barely see anyway:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

They look a little lost in the first one...there is no real context. What are the other guys looking at? Also, the lines in the wood above are kind of pissing me off for some reason, couldn't say why other than it looks a bit messy?

Second is a great image, but once again....the guy is a little lost in it.

I'd maybe change the first image in the sequence in the 3rd shot you posted. Also, and this is me being really pendantic, but if the guy in the 3rd standing further from the wall that the others? The wall seem a bit blurrier or something and the sequence kind of suffers?

Advertisement