Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting question - security deposit and rent in advance

Options
  • 06-08-2009 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

I could do with some clarification and hope you wise people might be able to help! I'm thinking of renting an apartment through a particular estate agent, who require payment of one month rent in advance, and a security deposit – usually the equivalent of one month’s rent.

Does this mean that if the monthly rent is say €1000, that upfront I would have to pay €3000 (one month rent, another in advance, plus deposit) or €2000 (rent plus deposit)?

I'm really confused!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

You pay €1000 deposit and €1000 for month in advance totaling €2000. Ie the month in advance is basically paid on the first day of that month rather than in arrears which would be paying on the last day of the month.

Your 2nd months rent will be due on the 1st of the next month and so on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭cats-pyjamas

Thank you!

Advertisement