Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Junkies on Custom House Quay

Options
  • 06-08-2009 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

Am I alone in saying that I am sick and tired of the open drug dealing going on all day every day on Custom House Quay.
    Junkies hang about there all the time.

not one or two.

loads of them

they come and go all day.

its now gotten so bad that they have spread to Tara Street, Eden Quay, Abbey Street, The Boardwalk.

why is this allowed in the middle of a European capital city ?

disgusted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

Pal wrote: »
    Am I alone in saying that I am sick and tired of the open drug dealing going on all day every day on Custom House Quay.
    Junkies hang about there all the time.

not one or two.

loads of them

they come and go all day.

its now gotten so bad that they have spread to Tara Street, Eden Quay, Abbey Street, The Boardwalk.

why is this allowed in the middle of a European capital city ?

disgusted.

A load of them were arrested yesterday. Two vans pulled up and a load of uniform and plain clothes Gardai got out. Took them away in cuffs and searched bins and plant pots for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

because we live in a liberal democracy that people have fought and died for and if you dont like it go to Iran or North Korea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

because we live in a liberal democracy that people have fought and died for and if you dont like it go to Iran or North Korea!

thats just stupid.

Democracy doesnt give people the right to sell drugs on the street outside one of Dublins most beautiful buildings

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

What makes you think they're selling drugs?

did you buy any?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

i see them every day as i drive home from work.....surely they are intimidating to all the tourist that are walking by there.
    i've seen the guards just standing with them chatting and joking. it dosent really paint a nice picture with them boozing on the steps of one our cities most famous landmarks!! and shouting comments at poor tourists trying to take photos of the Custom House..........
    and what ever happen to the no drinking alcohol on the streets??? i bet if you or i where to buy a bag of cans and plant ourselves on a nice busy street in town we'd be deal with very quickly indeed!!! :rolleyes:

ntlbell wrote: »

did you buy any?

no.

drug dealing is against the law.

I'm beginning to regret having started this discussion with the level of intellect its provoking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP this discussion has almost been done to death.

I've no problem letting it run again, because like you I'm sick of it too.

However two things happen here.

First you get the straight talker, the 'man on the street' who know's what we're talking about because we cross paths with this filth daily, then you get the liberal, holier than thou type preaching from his/her ivory tower who don't have to come across this like you and I.

And between the two its like trying to mix oil and water.

Go ahead folks, but be warned - I ain't taking no prisoners with this one.

did you buy any?

No

Do i see junkies walk up, hand them money, get something in return every day?
    Yes

Were they arrested on July 1st in connection with this? - http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0703/1224249969175.html

Yes

Have i seen them dump packages into the liffey when the Gardai pull up?

Yes

Relevant wrote: »
    No

Do i see junkies walk up, hand them money, get something in return every day?
    Yes

Were they arrested on July 1st in connection with this? - http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0703/1224249969175.html

Yes

Have i seen them dump packages into the liffey when the Gardai pull up?

Yes

right, so you have no idea if they were selling drugs or not.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Glad to hear that the vans did a round up yesterday but I've seen that before and they just come back.

didn't Zurich solve its problem by sending them all off to 'Needle Park' ?

I'd be all for that.

Give us our city back.

right, so you have no idea if they were selling drugs or not.

I would not be able to prove it in a court of law, but i know they are selling drugs

Thanks.

Glad to hear that the vans did a round up yesterday but I've seen that before and they just come back.

didn't Zurich solve its problem by sending them all off to 'Needle Park' ?

I'd be all for that.

Give us our city back.

So we round them up (at a huge cost to the state)

put them up for a night (if they're lucky)

at a huge cost to the state

they come back the next day and around we go.

fantastic idea.

considering it annoys you so much, do you actually have any creative ideas to solve the overall problem?

or are you just going to whine about it and do nothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Give them some Thomas Cook uniforms and see if they are picked up quick...

I would not be able to prove it in a court of law, but i know they are selling drugs

Nope, you're making an assumption that's what they're doing.

because that's what junkies do right? :rolleyes:

Good, and this is not a court of law so the burden of proof is on no one.

If I look out my window and see its raining, it doesn't take a weather man to confirm it for me.

So lets get on with the discussion.

Right, now shut up about it unless you've something relevent to add to the discussion.

Thanks.

Thats enough for me.

Ridiculous comments dont deserve a reply.

sorry I started the thread.

Cheerio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

what else would they be doing? discussing the architecture of the customs house?, taking pics of the new bridge?
    of course they are selling drugs, it a problem all around the area and store street needs to get on top of it.
    i was waiting on the bus yesterday outside the lotto office on abbey street and thre was 3 of them standing beside me talking about scoring hits and where they are going to stay that night, i was shocked and very angry.
    dont get me started on marlborough street, i feel uncomfortable walking down there any time of the day

what else would they be doing? discussing the architecture of the customs house?, taking pics of the new bridge?
    of course they are selling drugs, it a problem all around the area and store street needs to get on top of it.
    i was waiting on the bus yesterday outside the lotto office on abbey street and thre was 3 of them standing beside me talking about scoring hits and where they are going to stay that night, i was shocked and very angry.
    dont get me started on marlborough street, i feel uncomfortable walking down there any time of the day

Junkie's hang around all over the place and more times than not they're _not_ selling drugs a lot of them are homeless and have no where to go.

There's plenty of places where alcoholics hang around tow, what are they doing? selling cheap booze? discussing politics? no, they've no where else to go and they use it as a place to meet people in the same boat.

but again I'll ask the question, what do you suggest we do about it? have you any ideas? have you volunteered your services anywhere?

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Thats enough for me.

Ridiculous comments dont deserve a reply.

sorry I started the thread.

Cheerio.

Right, in that case I'll close the thread while you run off crying.

Next time you want to start something like this, either do it with the intention of sticking around and discussing all sides or do like you've done now and get hit up for trolling this forum.

"Cheerio".

LOCKED.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement