Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Peavey 6505+ combo. Hmm..

• 06-08-2009 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Was just going through the andy sneap forum when i saw this:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/peavey_6505_112_combo.htm

New 6505+ combo for nearly half the price of the head alone, now thats value. No doubt there trying to compete with the likes of the spider valve and buguears, i dunno about any of ye guys but im awaiting to hear reports on how these sound. For that price you really cannot go wrong.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

Looks like good value alright, but personally I'd fire the sheffield speaker in the nearest skip as soon as I got it. A V30 makes a huge difference in tone on a 5150 combo, same as 6505.
    A 5150 head through a 4 X 12 with V30 and G12T-75 in a X pattern really rips!! :)
    The 6505+ is slightly different tonally though, but the Sheffield is still a pretty low grade, dead sounding speaker IMO, and I reckon it would benefit similarily.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

why barry, why?!!! gas :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Hold the phone, i was just told there made in china....

Advertisement