Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duck with plum sauce

Options
  • 06-08-2009 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

I just got a portion of Duck with plum sauce from the butcher. This might sound like a stupid question but how do i cook it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Is it a pre cooked whole duck / half duck. Is it seasoned? Does it have a spicy coating?

If it's precooked, roast it in a high heat oven. If it's raw, reduce the heat and cook it for longer.

The plum sauce has a lot sugar so cooking the meat with it will burn it. Either warm it at the end of the roasting and pour it over or have it as a sauce on the side.

What are you having with it? Pancakes/wraps cucumber and spring onions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

if its just a duck breast, with no marinade.

seal it booth side into a hot oven for 8 mins...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Score the skin about half way into fat (make sure you don't go all the way down to the meat) and put it onto a hot pan, skin side down, for about 7 minutes on the skin side, then turn onto the meat side and put it in the oven at 180ish for 8 minutes, take out of the oven and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes somewhere warm.

This will render off a lot of the fat in the skin and will make the skin nice and crispy, also, it will mean you have some duck fat for roasties later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Sounds delicious. Where is the butcher who sells the duck in plum sauce? Only place I ever had it was in a Chinese Restaurant!

Advertisement