Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Servicing in the north / Honda Rostrevor co down.

• 06-08-2009 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

I was quoted 50% cheaper ( than my local honda garage) to carry out a service on an accord by a honda garage in the north

has anyone here used Honda Rostrevor?

they seem quite professional on the phone, compared to Honda dealers that I have called in the south, and over 50% cheaper.

has anyone used them, I would be interested to hear how it went.

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Car service '45% cheaper in Belfast'

A new survey has found that many services carried out in the North are on average between 25% and 45% cheaper than the same services in the Republic.

The study is published in the Consumers' Association of Ireland's magazine Consumer Choice. It found that the cost of a car service in Belfast was on average 45% cheaper than a similar service in Dublin, while the cost of a gas boiler service was 33% more in Dublin than Belfast.

There were similar disparities found in the cost of dental, driving instruction and chiropractor services.

The chief executive of the association, Dermot Jewell, said the findings underlined the point that some service providers in the Republic were still not getting the message that prices here need to fall.

http://www.rte.ie/business/2009/0805/consumer.html

Did you haggle with the dealer? I know someone who haggled a main dealer from €290 to €150 for a service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

JHMEG wrote: »

Did you haggle with the dealer? I know someone who haggled a main dealer from €290 to €150 for a service.

I can appreciate haggling space but you have to ask yourself how could someone handover good money so someone who was initially going to overcharge them by €140 and was simply able to drop the price by almost half when queried about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

have been in the garage a few times,nice people and very keen buisnessmen,when they smell a sale there is no escaping them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

JHMEG wrote: »

nope... i shouldnt have to.. they should give their best price first if they want the business.. no wonder the irish motor industry is on its knees...

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    I can appreciate haggling space but you have to ask yourself how could someone handover good money so someone who was initially going to overcharge them by €140 and was simply able to drop the price by almost half when queried about it.

50% cheaper is a big difference.. when you ring and ask for a price for something, in the current climate you would imagine that they would put their best price forward first;

also the dealers i spoke with in the north, seem way more knowledgeable, than the ones in the south.. ( ie they could tell you exactly what was included in the service, and what needed to be changed)

the few dealers i spoke with in the south couldnt really tell me what needed to be done.. and they were charging 50% more... what a joke :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'd have to echo the general opinion here. I got my last service done in a main dealer up north (including timing belt, water pump and brake fluid) for €400 LESS than the main dealer I got the car from wanted.

Plus they were a lot nicer to deal with both on the phone and in person and it was only a hour's drive up the road.

It's due a service again in about 2 months I'd say and I'll be going back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

i take it thats JC Campbell Honda your referring to. I bought my car from them and found them utterly professional and helpful.

Just to note, I found that certain parts IE brake discs and pads can be bought cheaper from a Car Parts shop, rather than honda, but for a general service, Id defo recommend them.

i take it thats JC Campbell Honda your referring to. I bought my car from them and found them utterly professional and helpful.

Just to note, I found that certain parts IE brake discs and pads can be bought cheaper from a
    Car Parts shop, rather than honda,
    but for a general service, Id defo recommend them.

You are so right there very professional.. And helpful ..
    50% cheaper overall for the service and actually they know exactly what
    Should be done...

Got a spin in a few of the new accords and they are super sweet
    Best manual gearbox that I have driven in a long time.... And the car feels
    So solid..

Best service I have received in a main dealership in a long time..

The dealers in the south are not on the same planet..

Advertisement