Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lees Road Sports & Amentity Park

• 06-08-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭

Does anyone know what time they close the carpark in Lees wood? Thinking of bringing the dog for a walk in the park after work these evenings .... is it safe enough around there do you know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Perfectly safe, loads of people out walking and other people at various activities

It used to close fairly early when the days got dark early but I presume its open longer for the summer months. As your driving in at the entrance there is a big sign with the closing times on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Its not like "Needle Park" anyway if thats what you think. There no winoes sleeping rough in it or people selling themselves. Its perfect for a walk with the little one. Think it closes gates at 9 or 10, go to it and you will see these times on a big sign.

Personally, I prefer the drive to Dromore for an evening walk. Its so peaceful, no traffic noise in the distance or anything. Fresher air too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

thanks guys,
    yeah Dromore is lovely ... though I always get lost trying to find the entrance ... typical Dub!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

I go here a lot with the dog. Its perfect coz its so near. I always do the woods towards the back of the running track. Is there another walk on the left as you are driving in? Just wondering if anyone knows - is it long/short & do you end up coming out on the road. I've seen the paths while driving so assume you end up on the road. Mightn't be as suitable for dog/kids.. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭dasium

the walk at the front as u drive in is extremely short, couple of hundred meters nothing much... grand for kids to mess about it, serious walkers will be in the longer walk at back so they don't get in the way.... but if on own with your dog out for anything more, hit the back walk

• Advertisement
Advertisement