Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Club Night!!! "Kitchen Sync @ Kennedy's" - 29/08/09

• 06-08-2009 6:26pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Hope you don't mind me posting this here but just wanted to let u all know that a few boards members have set up a Club night on the 29th of August. It stemmed from a few of us on the Dance Music forum setting up a Internet Radio Station where we all got to DJ in a weekly slot of the station - and the others would all listen in, and we have a bit of banter on the chat client. The station is called "Kitchen Sync" and it has been going very well for quite a few months now!

It has since progressed and a few of the lads did a great job organising a proper club night Kitchen-Sync LIVE @ Kennedy's on Westland Row - Saturday August 29th. The 3 DJ's are all boards members, all talented guys who will be playing the best in House & Techno and much more.

I'm sure many of you are/were clubbing fans but might not ever look in the dance music form, so I thought I'd let you all know - it will be a great night so hope to see some of you there.

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/kitchen.sync#/event.php?eid=122372124208&ref=mf
    Radio Station: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kitchen-sync

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I'm playing on the night and I'm really looking forward to it! Its also great to get a chance to meet the people behind the username.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭BrokenSpiral

Sounds like a great gig!
    I've had a listen to the online sessions and they're great!

Will definately be there!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Its also great to get a chance to meet the people behind the username.

Hmmm, you also know the face of the ones who were a mess! Best of luck guys. If I can get a gang together for a bus, I'll be there.

beertons wrote: »
    Hmmm, you also know the face of the ones who were a mess!

I don't judge, each to there own! Thanks for the support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Nah, I hear the bouncers there are arseholes

<legs it>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Stickied!
    Fair play for organising it and I hope it goes really well for you guys.

Stickied!
    Fair play for organising it and I hope it goes really well for you guys.

Thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

Hmmm, you also know the face of the ones who were a mess! Best of luck guys. If I can get a gang together for a bus, I'll be there.

I'm playing on the night and I'm based in Newbridge so if you're stuck for a lift in drop me a line. The more the merrier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Sounds like it'd be good. I'll head down if I'm not working that night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

Is it gona be minimal all night or are you's gona pick up the pace later on in the night. Think dublin is over run with minimal techno/prog house nites at the moment, good luck any way hope all goes well. Kennedys is a great spot.

• Advertisement

We are pleased to announce Boards members who send me a PM will get a reduced admission price of 8e.

Its not a huge discount but please bear in mind how much rent for a night like this costs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Is it gona be minimal all night or are you's gona pick up the pace later on in the night. Think dublin is over run with minimal techno/prog house nites at the moment, good luck any way hope all goes well. Kennedys is a great spot.

Captain random will be playing house while seanc and stevedon minimal tech. If this is a success there will be more of the Syncs DJ's playing at future gigs with very diverse styles.

Edit. And cheers for the sticky Dr bollocko!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Should be great lads, ill definitely try and get in and show some support, its a fantastic idea and I think it should work out well....

Will of course give you a few plugs on my radio show nearer to the event....

:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cheers Dave, much appreciated. If it goes well and turns into a regular thing I'm sure we'd love to have you play too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'm playing on the night and I'm based in Newbridge so if you're stuck for a lift in drop me a line. The more the merrier
    thanks mate, I'm down in Waterford. Pick me up at 7 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

ye know my face. i'll be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Tbh, I'm not really a fan of techno.

Sitting nodding politely while the crowd makes a bizarre attempt to sing along to oontz, oontz, oontz is one of my worst memories.

fair enough your not part of there ''scene''. but at least there doing something productive with intrest's they have. just my 2 cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

fair enough your not part of there ''scene''. but at least there doing something productive with intrest's they have. just my 2 cents

*their scene

Sitting nodding politely while the crowd makes a bizarre attempt to sing along to oontz, oontz, oontz is one of my worst memories.

Ya posh kuhnt! phuke off wit yore trance hatein self

/there, said it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Why post here then? We're not going to pressgang you into going.

If you read the post properly you'd see that there won't be any oontz oontz oontz playing anyway, it's house and minimal music.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

"Techo" is not the 140bmp oontz oontz oontz that many people think it is. Techno can be described as a genre as wide and diverse as Electronica itself. I play a lot of techno that is very melodic and rhythmical, often quite downtempo and chilled.

If you are not into dance music at all - this event will not be for you. However if you do like a bit of house, tech house, electo, minimal or techno, I'm sure this will be enjoyable night for all.

Zascar wrote: »
    Cheers Dave, much appreciated. If it goes well and turns into a regular thing I'm sure we'd love to have you play too

Me? I can't DJ to save my life! I'm there for the dancing n the music :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Dont mind the odd bit of techno or electronic, wont be attending though. Just wanted to say that the name is genius.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Me? I can't DJ to save my life! I'm there for the dancing n the music :pac:

He means Field Dog :D , I think!

If people are interested in the Channel why not visit our thread where I post the schedule daily and we also post links to the recording of our mixes.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055533617

He means Field Dog :D , I think!

Ha you are right it seems. If i was DJing it would consist of paul woolford surrender on loop for an hour :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Luke Creed

Best of luck with it guys! If i was in dublin i would drop in and show my support! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

good luck with it lads.i wanna hear a full report afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Great idea lads +1,000,000. Hopefully i'll make it that night.

Just got word Doors are now 11pm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Aw wish I could go. Damn everything happening in Dublin!

Hope it goes well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭damienmcd

My work contract finishes on Friday 28th so I'll definitely be in town on the Saturday.

I'll drop in to check it out.

Hope it's a success! Fair play to ye lads for organising it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

If Im around i shall be there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Fair balls lads. I reckon I'll make the trip. Sounds like it could be a good night.

There is a few lads coming up from Kildare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Must try pop in, Looks like it will be great. pld lads!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I can see myself going to this.

See you there so, We will be meeting for a few pints before hand I reckon maybe upstairs in Kennedy's but all will be reveled closer to the time.

Thanks for the support!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

I won't be attending because i don't like any of yiz but whoever came up with "Kitchen Sync" deserves a pat on the back :pac:

I will be on Dave Fields Triple F show on Power FM this Friday @ 10pm. For a chat about the gig and also a one hour guest mix!

That's brilliant, well done mate.

Good on you Fieldog!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

I'll most probably be there. A few mates are playing a gig there (upstairs I think?) that night and it's my birthday so i'll be out celebrating not dying yet.

-Funk

The gig is only a day away now, be looking forward to putting some faces to names.

Hope everyone who is going enjoys the night. Don't forget to say hello either and remember I don't do requests :pac:

Sean

Great night lads - I was just so impressed, fair play to Sean and the lads for setting it up, it was brilliant. Great to meet you all finally, hope this will be the first of many.

I really was seriously impressed with the music all night long from start to finish, real quality all the way. I've heard Enda play in the beacon before but last night he really stepped it up and was cranking out some really great quality house and got the place going quickly. Sean C came on with a cracking selection of excellent tech house and techno, a savage set, everyone said so. And then SteveDon came on and just had jaws dropping from the word go. I would have been bowled over if it was a DJ set, but to actually think that every single strack was produced by himself, is just staggering.

I was not drinking cause I was still fooked from the night, but so glad I came in cause it was a very good night. Well done everyone, great to meet you all, can't wait for the next one!
    Colly

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Well done all. Hope it went well. I'm going to remove this sticky now.

sounds good, was in the twisted pepper last nite forgot this was on. fair play fella's

Advertisement