Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union lending

Options
  • 06-08-2009 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi, Do the post office look at your bank statements when applying for a loan?

I only opened up an account today and I deposited 100 euro. I was looking to get a loan from them tomorow. Would it be too soon to ask for a loan from them? Kinda need the money soon enough.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Post office or Postbank?

I didn't think either did personal loans. Either way, I'd be very surprised at any institution handing out money to a new customer without looking for background information.

As for getting it the day after opening an account? Even less likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭brave inca

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Post office or Postbank?

I didn't think either did personal loans. Either way, I'd be very surprised at any institution handing out money to a new customer without looking for background information.

As for getting it the day after opening an account? Even less likely.

Sorry I meant to say the credit Union. Was just in the post office thats why I probably text it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Well I'd be very surprised if any CU handed out money like that either. I'll change the thread title :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭brave inca

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Well I'd be very surprised if any CU handed out money like that either. I'll change the thread title :)

How long would you say Illl have to wait before asking for a loan?

Do they check your bank statments?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

You have to be seen to put in a certain amount every week for 3 months before you can get a loan.

I had to wait until I had 1800 in before I could get a loan for 7000.

You get a loan based on your savings.

Yes they check your bank statements so they can see you have steady money coming in every week/month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement