Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poker tracker/hold 'em manager

Options
  • 06-08-2009 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

looking into getting some software to help my game as i think i'm being left behind with everyone else using it..I play on stars and ppp,normally playing sng's stt and mtt..is it worth my while getting the software or is better for cash?

-few little things-

how accurate is the software?

is it easy to use?

which is best?

any deals with the software?

any info would be great

thanks

which is better? 10 votes

HEM
    0% 0 votes
    PT
    100% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

i think S/W is definitly a must for cash players. I play tournaments mainly but still use it. I use Hold'em manger, but have used PT2 and PT3. I find HEM better. lots more features - now includes an option to purchase a table selector!! - and a little less of a system hog.
    Both are very reliable and are pretty simple to use. To exploit them properly, I'd advise reading up on a few of the guides on this and other forums.
    I'm in work ATM so can't really go into all of the +'s and -'s of each, but take it from an informed source that HEM is the better of the two by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Does anyone here use PT3? I used to trial last year so never had a good judge of it. Everyone seems to say HM is better but never gives any reasons. I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of comparison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

cooker3 wrote: »
    Does anyone here use PT3? I used to trial last year so never had a good judge of it. Everyone seems to say HM is better but never gives any reasons. I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of comparison

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/hem-1-08-vs-pt3-beta-27-read-op-before-posting-478608/

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

PT3 and HEM2 had a product war late in 2008/early in 2009. The result was HEM2 came out hugely on top, mostly because of PT3 being as unstable as heck! 4 tabling, would result in slow-down and crashes for most players.

But the instability of PT3 has been largely eradicated in my opinion (and in the general opinion of the poker community at large), and both pieces of software are much the same now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

Just installed HEM this week. It's excellent. I used to use Poker Office. (Don't get me started).

When deciding on HEM/PT I installed both. I just preferred the look and feel of HEM, and I thought the documentation and training part was excellent.

According to the people at PT (a thread somewhere on 2+2) one of the main differences is that, while HEM is easier to use, PT is more customisable if you know what you are doing (eg custom stats etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I use PT3 and with the advanced HUD setup by Kraada that you can download from there forums it does its job perfectly. I can't really see how HEM could be any better tbh. It even has positional stats now and all the stability isssues have been dealt with. I don't mass multi or anything but I do 6 table and have rarely had a problem with it. Maybe once or twice in the last 6 months I've had it it's frozen but thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

maybe this is going to need a poll lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

i've just started using PT3 again. The pop up of the hud is very nice now, compared to HM which is cluttered. It has 5 tabs. 4 for each street and 1 overview.

HM has its flaws. The hud goes missing sometimes, sometimes it refuses to recognise a table, but on a whole its very good. Also i find it can be awkward looking for specific things some times.

PT's filtering options for reports is not as easy to use or as extensive as HM. Also, it does not have the little mini pop-ups for stats like on the HM Hud.

Really though, they are both pretty similar

Which would i favour?

If i had a gun to my head i'd have to say HM, purely for its better report and filtering options. Really though, it is pretty close and if you have PT you arent being left out by not having HM.

Advertisement