Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic warden gets a ticket!

Options
  • 06-08-2009 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Saw a city council jeep parked outside the Gaf today on double yellow lines blockin the traffic with a guard takin details down from the windscreen. then the warden comes out of an office across the street and the guard kept writing. hope he got a ticket.

How do traffic wardens expect people to obey double yellow lines when they do exactly the same themselves? they would want to cop on to themselves spending too much time targeting cars in parking spaces whose pay & display ticket has lapsed inside in carparks rather than cars abandoned on double yellows, corners, footpaths, etc. galway has to be the worst town i have seen for bad parking!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hope you took a photo with your phone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A guy I know worked for the Parks dept.
    They'd just find a piece of public lawn and drive up and park there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 geeniebops

The wardens seem to be everywhere these days. Agreed, they should not be allowed to park on yellow lines or any other place prohibited for the general public. Illegally parked cars should be targeted just as much as cars who have p&d tickets out of time

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

pics or it didn't happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bazjnr

JustMary wrote: »
    pics or it didn't happen!

Hey i was driving and using my phone would have been illegal!! I saw what I saw and posted it to see if anyone else saw it too- it was around midday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

I agree, no pics no story. You could have been seeing things from excesses from the night before! Maybe you shouldn't have been driving at all, then.

Advertisement