Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avid Media Composer

Options
  • 06-08-2009 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I bought Avid Media composer Academic Version last year but never used it - I was ill - but i want to get going with it now.

The version I have is 2.8.1, I also need to buy a new pc to run it - cant afford a mac at the moment.

I know I can upgrade to 2.8.4 for free on the Avid website but when I look at the specs for computers its basically saying everything needs version 3.

I'm presuming that the machines that will run version 3 will run version 2.8 am i wrong?

Thanks for your help

nessy

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

generally the tested and verified PCs get more powerful with each version, if you buy a PC that is certified for 3.x it will likely run 2.x fine.

However it can be a little tricky anyway with some models so make sure you get the exact model number avid say is supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nessymon

thanks for your help

im starting to think I should either upgrade Avid.. or buy a new version or wait a little and buy a Mac

Advertisement