Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting Insurance

Options
  • 06-08-2009 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Alright lads,

Anyone know any good places to get shooting insurance? Just to cover me while on land I have permissions for; I know it comes automatically with gun club membership in most cases, but I don;t even want to begin discussing trying to join my local gun club (:mad:)

Anyway, cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

ifa, countryside alliance for a start anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Countryside Alliance are good; I hear a lot of folks use FBD as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Sparks wrote: »
    Countryside Alliance are good; I hear a lot of folks use FBD as well.

FBD? Didn't know commercial brokers did shooting cover. Hmmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

FBD? Didn't know commercial brokers did shooting cover. Hmmmm....

Well I have the house insured with them and they also cover my guns within the house at no extra charge, as long as they do not exceed €2500 each

clivej wrote: »
    Well I have the house insured with them and they also cover my guns within the house at no extra charge, as long as they do not exceed €2500 each

Well I was thinking more along the lines of field cover, as in if you accidentally shot a cow in the head or something, you'd be covered for that...

<_<
    >_>

• Advertisement

This was just an aside.
    Well I was thinking more along the lines of field cover, as in if you accidentally shot a cow in the head or something, you'd be covered for that...

<_<
    >_>

Go with CAI as I am.

This was just an aside.

Go with CAI as I am.

CAI? Edit: Countryside Alliance Ireland, right? :o

Edit, again: Looks like CAI is the best bet, €45 a year student membership fee :D Cheers lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

your house insurance public liability cover might cover you. read the policy document. if it is not clear or does not cover shooting, phone the insurer and ask if the policy can be extended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 CherBobs

Take a look at the IFA countryside website. When you become a member you get FBD cover for what you need. My other half has just done it and you get loads of other benefits too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭budda15c

Think Countryside Alliance could be the one; http://www.caireland.org/Support_Us/join_us/Republic_of_Ireland_-_Full_Membership/. Rang FBD, but they weren't interested unless you already have a policy with them..

Edit: you already saw the CAI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

come into the fold .....NARGC;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

What are membership costs like? Benifits?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

membership varies but our club was €70 insurance and membership this year. Other clubs I am in 80 membership.

The main advantage is a few like minded individuals and abit of craic,
    the hard work done by the association and the full back up which you recieve.

Dont let the flekers wear you down
    http://www.nargc.ie/site.aspx

By the way I am also a paid up supporter of CAI.

"There are no atheists in the trenchs'":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

Cheers cavan shooter. I'll look into joining up in the new year.

But you only do this IF your club is afiliated to the NARGC. If not then you can't join them as i wish I could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Solidchrome

ayapatrick wrote: »
    ifa, countryside alliance for a start anyway

Cant go wrong with Countryside Alliance.

Advertisement