Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saniflo causing havoc with electricity in house

Options
  • 06-08-2009 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there

My parents got a saniflo installed downstairs about 2 years ago. The macerator part broke and was replaced and in the last few months the electricity in the house has started to go haywire. They haven't had an electrician to the house because my Dad insists on doing everything himself, but I think this is beyond his capabilities. He didn't install the loo.

The problem is somewhat intermittant, but it seems like the electricity flow around the house is reduced. Lights throughout the house dim, washing machine won't work, other appliances go and and off. Most of this stuff happens after or shortly after a flush of the loo. My Dad has gone through the fuse box and tried switching everything on and off. He's also flushed loads of water through to make sure there were no blockages.

They have spoken to the people who installed it and are waiting for them to come out and have a look.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with their saniflo? And if so how did you fix it? I think it would be helpful for my folks if they had a little more info when dealing with the installers (when they eventually come to the house).

thanks for your help

Jennifer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Sounds very dangerous with high current demands.

Is your fuse-board the new type (trip-switches) or the old type (scerw in fuses)??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Get a sparks out asap, major fault here.
    Sounds suspiciously like a bad connection on the incoming phase to the strip but it's not a diy job.
    Seriously, bad connections overheat and cause fires, i am not exaggerating.
    Will hopefully be a quick fix by a professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I have been suppying fitting and service(Yeh right. new one required mrs this is bunched)

I have never head of this problem. I am guessing it might be an earth fault. Dont tell your da for gods sake. He will start tinkering!

Saniflow are down in offaly as far as i know and they have an excellent customer service.

Advertisement