Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting Beer out of car seat

• 06-08-2009 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was giving a few friends a spin the other day and one of them spilt a can on my back seat.

What's the best way to get rid of the stain?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say a professional valeting is probably your best bet, they most likely have the right products for this kind of thing.

And get your friend to pay for it for having an open can of beer in your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

make that a small s in 'seat'

i read the title, and said 'why have they chosen Seat? and why the hell are Seat giving him beer?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Did you friend not use a straw to suck up the dregs???

On a more serious note, you could try one of those dry cleaning foam sprays available from most motor factors before getting a pro job done.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ottostreet wrote: »
    make that a small s in 'seat'

i read the title, and said 'why have they chosen Seat? and why the hell are Seat giving him beer?'
    thread re-titled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

suck like fook, don't waste any of it or homer will beat you up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭remotesensor

Any decent valet will only cost about 15 euro for the seat.

On a side note is it legal for passengers to drink in a car? Somebody told me it was illegal for some reason.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

On a side note is it legal for passengers to drink in a car? Somebody told me it was illegal for some reason.....

Not taking you on or blast out weekend away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Was told that too, public drinking maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Had a cop take a can off a passenger after he stopped us and did the hole breath test on me. He might have been having a bad day!!!!

I would get it done at a valet place because the stuff you get in the shops COULD bleach your material. I've seen it happen and then there is no return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

afaik its illegal to have an open alcoholic beverage in a vehichle

i managed to get someone fired from a farm i worked on years ago because her friends were drinking cider in a van while she was giving me a lift home!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭pablosd

use that turtle upholstery cleaner, work the foam into the seat, leav for 5 mins, comeback with vanish(750ml spray) cloth and bit of water, spray vanish onto the cloth and pour fair bit of water, work it into the seat hard, should come off, spend at least half an hour at it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

bladebrew wrote: »
    afaik its illegal to have an open alcoholic beverage in a vehichle

i managed to get someone fired from a farm i worked on years ago because her friends were drinking cider in a van while she was giving me a lift home!!

Its legal to have an open container in a car. Been covered many times on boards. In fact the driver can be drinking once they dont go over the drink drive limit.

I know it sounds stupid and I didnt believe it but thats the way it is.

Advertisement