Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with wiring

Options
  • 06-08-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Can someone please explain to me the wiring of Front Panel Header cables as I don't know which is the positive and negative side of the cables. On the back of the cables you have a Triangle and a "G". One of the wires is coloured and the other is white.
    My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-MA 790XT-UDP4 and my case is the CoolerMaster Elite 330.

Off topic: Can someone tell me how to fit the IO panel cover on the back of the case please:o

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

I Think im right in saying the little triangle goes to the pin marked +
    at least its how i have always wired mine

The IO panel should fit in from the inside of the case just push it gently but firmly until it clicks in all around
    by the way it needs to be fitted before the motherboard
    Rgds

D.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Usually the white or black wire is the negative thus the "coloured" wire goes to the + on the mobo header.

And if you've installed the mobo in the case before the IO shield then congrats, you've just fallen for the oldest one in the book :D Now you get to take it all apart again and reinstall everything - only this time remeber to put the IO shield in first :P

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jak/mar

Ok thanks guys.
    I tried to put it in with the mobo in,it didn't fit so I took it out,tried with the mobo out,still didn't fit,put the mobo back in,tried again,didn't work,tried bending back the pins but still didn't work.
    Ill try again tomorrow with the mobo out.
    I was nearly finished:mad::(:(:(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The IO shield has to be pushed outward from within the inside of the case, with the raised ridges on all four sides pointing back, out of the case. Then push (make sure its oriented the right way around!) and the ridges should all click into place hard around the edges of the hole in the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Solitaire wrote: »
    Usually the white or black wire is the negative thus the "coloured" wire goes to the + on the mobo header.

And if you've installed the mobo in the case before the IO shield then congrats, you've just fallen for the oldest one in the book :D Now you get to take it all apart again and reinstall everything - only this time remeber to put the IO shield in first :P

Did that on my first custom build. Damned if I was going to take it all out again, just glued it onto the back of the case - unnoticeable to the eye! Wonder if Chris ever changed it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jak/mar

Do I need to bend back the pins all the way on the shield???:confused:

Its ok I got it on
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

yeah i did that too...

Advertisement