If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI cables from Philips store

Options
  • 06-08-2009 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

Hi Ash,

Do you have any 1.5-2 metre HDMI cables in stock, don't want to spend the earth on them just something that works.
    Sales man was pushing €100 monster cable hdmi's on me when I was buying my TV.

Thanks,
    Neil.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Neil

I sure do from the standard 1.5mtr version at €19.99 to the quality Gold range at €50 I use the later with my HDMI devices at home and they do the job nicely.

I'll give you a Boardies price when I'm in the shop tomorrow morning.

€100 for a 2mtr HDMI cable is pretty much overkill in all but the very highest of top end systems!

Talk tomorrow
    Ash

Hi Neil

OK I have the pricing for you on the cables.
    They are both 1.5 mtrs in length (next size up we carry is 3mtr)

Gold HDMI 1.5 mtr is yours for €35
    Standard HDMI 1.5mtr cable is yours €15

Both are in stock at the moment.

How do those prices sound??

atb

Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭phili_g

Hi Ash,

What are your latest prices for HDMI cables?

Is there much difference in quality in the standard and gold cables? Will be using it with Xbox 360

Thanks

Hi Phili_g

I have a few opptions open to you

In the 1.5 mtr lenght I have the Gold range at €29.99 and standard range for €19.99.

I use 3 of the gold ones myself and find them excellent.

In the 3mtr lenght I have the standard lenght for €24.99
    In 5mtr lenghts I have the Premium range for €49.99.

As always keep your cable lenghts as short as you can - dont by 5mtr when 1.5mtr will do!

All in stock and ready to help you make the connection!

cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Ashley - What make is the 1.5 metre Gold plated HDMI cable as quality of build seems to vary considerably? Thx

• Advertisement

Sorry didnt make that clear!

These are all Philips branded cables and I can personally vouch for the Gold range as I use them on a number of devices at home - they are VERY well put together cables

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I bought some Philips co-ax cables a while back at a great price and they were excellent quality almost as good as QED cables that I won't mention how much they cost me !

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi Ashley,

Just wondering do you still have these HDMI cables in stock (Philips branded) and what are the current prices for boardies for the gold ones?

Thanks!

Nicola on behalf of Ash

We sure do Butterski! They're €29.99 instore so with your Philips Shop 10% Boards Discount they come to €26.99.

Let me know if you need any,

Thanks, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Thanks Nicola, sent you/Ashley a PM.

• Advertisement

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Cheers dude! :rolleyes:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.