Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seagate 1TB External HDD

• 06-08-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Above in Easons Liffey Valley today for €89 and it is a Seagate.

Seemed to have plenty of boxes on show.

I know there is another thread for €0.20 cheaper

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055635340

but there's nothing like that face to face customer service if needed. Also comes with a 2 year guarantee.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

We've been talking about those over in the Dunnes HDD thread, just to warn you, the one I bought on Sunday has died already, didn't even have time to put any data on it. Easons replaced it no problem but just to warn you.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

Did you have yours on for long when it died MC??
    Perhaps a random freak thing??
    has the replacement been ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Seagate drives have a habit of head crashes.

I've already lost a drive (Seagate) to this.

And i was under the impression they were a reliable brand of drive with minimal problems

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

HD are unreliable anyway. My opinion best External ones are Western Digital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭manufan16

i have a ext seagate 250 a few yrs now with no probs. I bought the 1TB in easons blanch thinking it may last the same - hopefully i dont need to use the guarantee

I thought WD would be best but then a friend of mine got 2 dodgy WD's in a row, both crashed losing all the data after about a week each ... put me off big time

Advertisement