Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a&k m249 para out-of-box problem

Options
  • 06-08-2009 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

hi guys
    i recieved an a&k m249 yesterday and had a quick look and testfire there but im finding magazine(both m4 and the box type supplied) problems already. its as if magazines dont connect properly and theres alot of misfiring... thats if im lucky enough for it to start firing. my first thought was that i wasnt connecting them correct but it seems as though there is alot of movement in the mag well. has anyone experienced this problem already?
    ive concidered most errors such as dodgy mag, not enough bbs in mag, mag not on correct, battery too low, dirt/debris in the way and even had an experienced airsoft friend look at it but none of these solve the problem. sould the m249 have these problems out of the box???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭hitman_

Have a look at this : http://www.rsov.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4713

Some good stuff there.

I have found the 249 to be a labor of love, really. Needs attention almost as much as a real gun. Try spraying silicon oil into the magazine (in moderation), try different bb's. The box magazine needs to be trimmed as in the above article, also the hop and the chamber surround need some work to operate properly. The A&K is a budget gun and needs a bit of work out of the box.
    For the price, I am satisfied enough with mine.
    Also, it has to be one of the easiest airsoft guns to modify and work on.

Mods: 6.03 Madbull barrel, decent hop-up rubber etc, trimmed box magazine studs, fitted M4 carrying handle for lugging it around, installed extra battery option in box magazine, sorted out sound operated magazine feed to work properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ke6n

awsome. cheers for that. might be a bit of time before i can afford the upgrades though:pac: , but i guess its a must. the 249 is real nice though and for the price im well impressed. did you field test yours before the upgrades? how does it work before upgrades? gona bring it down to one of the sites just cos i havnt been out for a while, but im thinking----bring a backup

Advertisement