Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Resturant Experience

Options
  • 06-08-2009 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Had a very bad restaurant experience today, I and my wife planned a nice dinner and a movie afterward in Dublin city center.

we find cactusjacks online (http://www.cactusjacks.ie/dublin/index.php) with good few vegi option, I am a Hindu vegetarian and my wife is strict Vegan vegetarian.

After ordering a glass of red wine and Apple-tiny we found food menu is all confusing and in a very differnt format then online menu.

We end up consulting with waiter for best vegi options which he understood very well, he recommnaded 2 dishes with big 'V' writeen on menu, so we ordered that food.

They served us some dish with beef in it and it took us almost half way before we reliaze this fect, once i suspected that i doubled check with serving waiter who then took our dishes to chef and told us we were eating beef.

We confonted him and he simply blamed us for wrong order though we consulted about Vegi opions to him only, he said 'he deals with people like us everyday'.
    We had to pay for all other food (they were polite enough to not to charge us for beef food), we somehow manage to control our self in resturant and both end up getting sick badly at home. We dont even eat egs in life feel :mad:

I wasn't looking for waiter to be sacked or a free dinner but a simple apology to ruin our evening would have been nicer.

Very disappointed and gutted

Bharat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's terrible carry on by them! I'll be sure to stay clear of that place.
    Do go back tomorrow, speak to the head manager and complain again, just asking for them to be more cautious in the future.
    If any of you would have had a food allergy it could have ended quite badly.

I always, always complain if there is something wrong. Sometimes they don't give a crap and sometimes you get a meal stricken off.
    But I won't sit there and smile if the food is not right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bharat

you are right Magnus, my wife is still getting sick I will call them tomorrow and talk to manager. we are still shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I agree with magnus, dont let them get away with it. a lot of Irish people just take whatever service they get and will complain amongst themselves at the table and at home but dont complain at the actual establishment/restaraunt.
    A terrbile way to treated and i'm sorry to hear your night out was a disaster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

This is a disgrace, make sure to report it not only to the Manager but to the owner of the restraunts, this is what Ireland has become today full of waiting staff who dont care and have a attidude problem, dont let them get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I've been there twice and the quality of food is very poor. If it was half the price it still wouldn't be good value.

• Advertisement
Advertisement