Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MAC cosmetics

• 06-08-2009 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

has anyone ever bought an eyeshadow palette from mac? I have to be honest, im getting so sick of buying individuals, losing them and replacing them!!

Are the palettes worth it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

I love my palette! Picked up a 15 eyeshadow one and a 6 blush one in the states last year for next to nothing. Tip though if you want to get a 15 palette one pick up an empty four palette one to shove your everyday/night-time shades in for when yoour going out to avoid having to lug the big 15 palette one around with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Yddil

the reason i ask is cause I'm going over to the states shopping next month!! So you think the palette is the way to go?! Great! and each shade is replaceable then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yep, they attach with magnets. They are slightly cheaper than normal eyeshadows but you can't B2M (back to Mac) them. You can also 'depot' normal eyeshadows to fit them into palettes. Search youtube for videos but the general idea is heat the plastic case gently to melt the glue and then pull out the eyeshadow pan which contains the shadow.

The 4 palettes are good for travelling in your make up bag but 15 is better for at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

Hi Yddil,
    I am just back from the states and I bought loads of mac stuff over there! I would defo agree with save our socks post and say yeah get a palett. I bought one for four shadows and the palett itself is $3.50 and each of the shadows for the pallet are $11. If you but the shadows in individual pots they cost $15 so it is worth your while to get a palett. Also you can mix around the shadows in the palett and bring different looks at different times. If you decide to get your make up done I would recommend having a 'look' in mind. A picture from a magazine is your best bet because otherwise they tend to lash on heavy eyes.
    Also, there is a girl on youtube called makeupgeek and she does a variety of looks using mac products so it might be a good idea to watch some of her videos and see what types of make up appeal to you. Heres a link to one of her vids; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZiJAwjV5dQ

Hope that helps.x

Advertisement