Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellatrix & Voldemort

• 06-08-2009 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Well?! We all know she would've...

Do you think that maybe they ever had a bit of a fling? Its hinted at heavily that Bella reckoned she was his "partner in crime". If JK says that Dumbly could be gay, whats to say that Voldy wouldn't have certain feelings? Maybe not emotional, but physical?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Wikipedia says Bella was basically in love with Voldemort, but I doubt he would have returned the affection to be honest. First point being that Voldemort despises "Love" and Dumbledore says on a few occasions that Voldemort doesn't understand love and pities it/fears it (not sure exactly what he says but it's negative anywho). In my mind, Voldemort held all his accquaintences and enemies in a caste system, and nobody entered within 10 levels of himself, bar Snape and a few others... keep in mind he keeps all his Death Eaters at arms length, probably even more so after the whole Malfoy incident, I doubt there was anyone close enough to Voldemort to feel any kind of connection like love. I'd say Voldemort lost alot of his mortal abilities (ie ability to love, ability to feel pity/sadness etc) when he immersed himself so fully in the Horcrux business, immortality, rise to ultimate power etc.

Voldemorts one true love was power, and all the manners in which he could accquire as much of it as possible...

Ralph Fiennes and Helena B-Carter though... that'd be interesting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It's hard to say. As allandanyways pointed out, Dumbledore did state that Voldemort was incapable of love and that's the one advantage that Harry had over him.

That being said Voldemort's reaction to Bellatrix being struck down by Mrs. Weasley certainly suggests that he held her in high regard. However I think that's more down to the loyalty that she showed to her "master" more so than down to love.

Advertisement