Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Closer on 3e

• 06-08-2009 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

After taking a ridiculously long hiatus from Channel 6, The Closer made a return to 3e six weeks ago, only to be pulled from the schedule again. Anyone know what gives? I really should have been paying attention to the guy that speaks over the credits each week :rolleyes:

And its wrecks my head when they tout it as "brand new drama" when its over two years since it aired in the States :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

After taking a ridiculously long hiatus from Channel 6, The Closer made a return to 3e six weeks ago, only to be pulled from the schedule again. Anyone know what gives?

It is run by TV3. They did the exact same with The Shield more than once. I don't watch any television series on their channels as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Full_Circle

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    It is run by TV3. They did the exact same with The Shield more than once. I don't watch any television series on their channels as a result.

God, dont even get me started on their treatment of The Shield! How they could cut a season with only two eps to go is beyond me!!?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

looks horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

looks horrible

What looks horrible?

The Shield is on Monday to Friday after the news on TV3 11:10.

The Closer is brilliant best detective series on the TV, by that I am talking about CSI/Law & Order type shows. Keep missing. More 4 put it on at a ridiculous time.

Elmo wrote: »
    The Shield is on Monday to Friday after the news on TV3 11:10.

Yes and they will probably stop showing it with 2 episodes to go. They have done this twice already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Yes and they will probably stop showing it with 2 episodes to go. They have done this twice already.

They'll keep showing it until Vincent Browne comes back in Sepember. Why the moaning for - they're showing it 4 times a week in a good slot. If they stopped showing it halfway through a season before then it probably was took off because it wasn't performing good with ratings at that time. That's how TV schedules work every week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

After taking a ridiculously long hiatus from Channel 6, The Closer made a return to 3e six weeks ago, only to be pulled from the schedule again. Anyone know what gives? I really should have been paying attention to the guy that speaks over the credits each week :rolleyes:

Sky 1 have started showing double episodes of House, and 3e want to keep ahead of them - so that's why they've put 2 episodes on Thursday and in doing so knocking The Closer off. I wouldn't worry too much - it should return in September when House finishes.

iseegirls wrote: »
    If they stopped showing it halfway through a season before then it probably was took off because it wasn't performing good with ratings at that time. That's how TV schedules work every week!

Why do they go back to it if it is performing slowly. They stopped showing it for that Celebrity in the jungle bull****. Makes no difference now as rather than wait for the amatures at TV3 I bought the DVD boxsets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

iseegirls wrote: »
    Sky 1 have started showing double episodes of House, and 3e want to keep ahead of them - so that's why they've put 2 episodes on Thursday and in doing so knocking The Closer off. I wouldn't worry too much - it should return in September when House finishes.

They should think about putting the Closer on TV3, It would suit Monday Night.

Advertisement