Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I check my penalty points??

• 06-08-2009 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I was wondering if there is a way to check on my penalty points.
    Firstly I got flashed at a speed camera and got 2pts, but I am trying o find the date I was given them and when they go away.
    Secondly, I moved house a year and a bit ago and never updated my details on my car regestration. I have a litle inkling that I MAY have got 2 more at some point and that they would have been posted to my previous address.

Anybody know how I can find out? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

email here, LicensingQueries@rsa.ie

they got back to me within the hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

quarryman wrote: »
    email here, LicensingQueries@rsa.ie

they got back to me within the hour.

Thanks man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭weepee

Was told that in the North, if your fined say £60 plus three points, you can avoid the points.

Post a cheque for £61:00 to the relative body. They're computers will automatically issue a refund of £1:00.

If you dont cash the £1:00 cheque, the system cant complete the penalty, ie, points.

Not sure its true tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

weepee wrote: »
    Was told that in the North, if your fined say £60 plus three points, you can avoid the points.

Post a cheque for £61:00 to the relative body. They're computers will automatically issue a refund of £1:00.

If you dont cash the £1:00 cheque, the system cant complete the penalty, ie, points.

Not sure its true tho.

An Urban Myth....complete rubbish. I believed it when I first heard it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

weepee wrote: »

Not sure its true tho.

That urban myth is ancient, and untrue. I first heard that when I was a wee kid!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭weepee

Thought it was too good to be true, maybe when it was first introduced, that was the case, tho the gov sort that kinda problem out, real fast. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

all they do now they will just send you your payment back as the figure is incorrect. myth

to original poster: you can just call the department of transport and they will transfer you onto driving licencing section and they can then tell your penalty status.
    thanks

Its entirely possible that there was a poorly written computer system in the 1980s, but the first time it came to public notice it would have been fixed.

However, thinking about it, theres little reason the points system would know nor care if the cheque had been cashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭standardtoaster

Anyone know how long penalty points stay on your licence for?

Cheers!

3 years from the date of the letter notifying you they were added - so closer to 3 and a half years from the date of the offense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement